WineSkills Oenology Scheduled Workshop
This workshop will review the key factors that influence blending decisions for both still and sparkling wines. Different blending strategies will be discussed, followed by a practical blending session covering a variety of wine styles.
We also investigate secondary fermentation and the key science behind it, providing guidelines and principles of successful sparkling wine production.
This course is useful for winemakers and senior winery staff as well as people interested in the key area of wine science.
Part 1: Preparing or Blending.
- Key factors to consider:alcohol, acidity, sweeteners, colour and phenolic content.
- Influence of blending on stability and other winemaking exercise
- Session included open discussion and practical blending exercise
Part 2: Tirage
- The secondary fermentation process
- Key factors to consider: Yeast strain, temperature, nutrition, sugar and adjuvants
- Session includes practical advice to minimise risk when undertaking the secondary fermentation
Course Code: WNP019
|Entry Requirements:|| |
Suited for people who have attended 'Principles of Winemaking' or have worked in wineries before.
|Dates & Location:|| |
1st October 2018
19th July 2019
Time: 10:00 - 16:15
Location: Plumpton College
One day course
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Blending and Tirage.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.