WineSkills scheduled Winery Workshop
Wine industry professionals need to be able to recognise key features of wine through organoleptic (smelling and tasting) assessment.
By the end of this session, you will be able to identify the role of each key sensory organ in the assessment in wine. Then, through a series of training exercises, you will develop a familiarity with key wine components including wine faults. By the end of the day you will be able to start objectively assessing the features of a wine so as to make decisions about wine quality.
- Basic anatomy and physiology of sensory organs
- Training exercises that will evaluate intensity and quality of key wine components including: alcohol, acid, sugar, polyphenois/ tannin
- Introduction to key wine faults including oxidation, volatile acidity, sulphides and aldehyde
|Entry Requirements:|| |
This course has no entry requirements but is useful for all members of the wine industry as well as people interested in improving their wine tasting ability.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Time: 10:00- 16:15
Location: Plumpton College
1 day course
- Studying at Plumpton gives you the chance to enjoy time at the heart of the South East of England’s wine production industry.
- We’ve got 10 hectares of vineyards producing 40,000 bottles of award-winning still and sparkling wines each year at Plumpton.
- We’ve also got a purpose-built Plumpton Wine Centre which includes a commercial winery, research winery, laboratories and a sensory evaluation room for you to experience.
- Combined with our team of international expert lecturers, you’ll certainly gain an excellent all-round experience at Plumpton.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Wine Sensory Evaluation.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Advanced Online Selling for Wine Producers WineSkills Scheduled Business Workshop
- Blending and Tirage WineSkills Oenology Scheduled Workshop
- Canopy Management WineSkills viticulture scheduled workshop
- Filtration & Clarification WineSkills Oenology Scheduled Workshop
- Grapes, Ferment and Malolactic Management WineSkills Scheduled Winery Workshop
- How to make more money by selling direct WineSkills Masterclass with Justin Howard Sneyd MW
- Introduction to Online Selling for Wine Producers WineSkills Scheduled Business Workshop
- Judging Sparkling Wine WineSkills scheduled wine tasting workshop
- Packaging WineSkills Oenology Scheduled Workshop
- Practical vineyard skills WineSkills
- Protecting Your Vines from Downy Mildew - with Dr Peter Spencer-Philips & Chris Cooper WineSkills Masterclass
- Pruning to Maximise Fruit Quality & Vine Health WineSkills Masterclass with Dr Alain Deloire
- PW120 Grapegrowing and Winemaking WSET Diploma: Unit 2
- PW205 Wines of the World 2 WSET Diploma: Unit 3
- PW221 Spirits, Beer and Cider WSET Diploma: Unit 4
- Vine Disease Management WineSkills Viticulture Scheduled workshop
- Vine Nutrition WineSkills Scheduled vineyard workshop
- Vine Planting & Establishment WineSkills viticulture scheduled workshop
- Vineyard Floor Management WineSkills Scheduled Vineyard Workshop
- Vineyard Occupational Health & Safety WineSkills Scheduled vineyard workshop
- Wine Maturation and Stabilisation WineSkills Scheduled Winery Workshop
- Wines and Spirits WSET Level 2 Award
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing Intensive 1 week course
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing All Sessions (extensive)
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking Extensive
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking Intensive 1 week course
- Winter Pruning WineSkills Viticulture Scheduled Workshop
- WSET Award in Wines Level 3 Award
- WSET Award in Wines WSET Level 4 Diploma