WineSkills viticulture scheduled workshop
This viticulture workshop explores the key requirements for establishing a commercially viable vineyard, thus enabling you to get your vineyard off to a good start.
Delegates will investigate and evaluate all the steps necessary for a successful vineyard planting operation. These include vineyard planning, preparing the ground, planting the vines and looking after them for the first few years of their lives.
The course is useful for vineyard managers and senior vineyard staff as well as people interested in the key area of the vineyard science.
- Vineyard planning
- Preparing the site; including
- Pre-planting fertilisation
- The planting operation- hand or machine?
- Looking after the plantation in the first few years, including:
- Tree tubes
- Polythene mulching
Course code: WNP021
|Entry Requirements:|| |
WineSkills workshops are best suited for people who have completed the Principles of Vinegrowing programme and/or have commercial vineyard experience.
|Dates & Location:|| |
9th January 2018
Time: 10:00- 16:15
Location: Plumpton College
1 Day course
You can be assured that in choosing Plumpton, you'll be studying in the heart of the South East of England's dynamic wine production industry and benefiting from our close proximity to the London wine trade. We manage 10 hectares of vineyards here - producing about 40,000 bottles of award-winning still and sparkling wine each year.
At our Plumpton Wine Centre, you'll discover our outstanding purpose-built facility consisting of a commercial winery, laboratories, research winery plus a wine sensory evaluation room for you to use throughout your studies.
You will develop valuable vocational skills during this programme. Gaining a good depth of knowledge combined with strong practical vineyard and winery skills, you’ll have lots of opportunities to choose from after graduating. You could become a vineyard manager or winemaker either in the UK or in one of the other wine-producing countries across the globe or establish your own vineyard or winery. Plumpton graduates are now actively involved in the wine industry throughout Europe and in Australasia, South Africa, Canada and the USA.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Vine Planting & Establishment.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Advanced Online Selling for Wine Producers WineSkills Scheduled Business Workshop
- Blending and Tirage WineSkills Oenology Scheduled Workshop
- Canopy Management WineSkills viticulture scheduled workshop
- Filtration & Clarification WineSkills Oenology Scheduled Workshop
- Grapes, Ferment and Malolactic Management WineSkills Scheduled Winery Workshop
- Introduction to Online Selling for Wine Producers WineSkills Scheduled Business Workshop
- Judging Sparkling Wine WineSkills scheduled wine tasting workshop
- Packaging WineSkills Oenology Scheduled Workshop
- Pruning to Maximise Fruit Quality & Vien Health WineSkills Masterclass with Dr Alain Deloire
- PW120 Grapegrowing and Winemaking WSET Diploma: Unit 2
- PW205 Wines of the World 2 WSET Diploma: Unit 3
- PW221 Spirits, Beer and Cider WSET Diploma: Unit 4
- Vine Disease Management WineSkills Viticulture Scheduled workshop
- Vine Nutrition WineSkills Scheduled vineyard workshop
- Vineyard Floor Management WineSkills Scheduled Vineyard Workshop
- Vineyard Occupational Health & Safety WineSkills Scheduled vineyard workshop
- Wine Maturation and Stabilisation WineSkills Scheduled Winery Workshop
- Wine Sensory Evaluation WineSkills scheduled Winery Workshop
- Wines and Spirits WSET Level 2 Award
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing 7 sessions over half a year
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing Intensive 1 week course
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing 1 Day Sessions
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing All Sessions (extensive)
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking 7 sessions over half a year
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking Intensive 1 week course
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking 1 Day Sessions
- Winter Pruning WineSkills Viticulture Scheduled Workshop
- WSET Award in Wines Level 3 Award
- WSET Award in Wines WSET Level 4 Diploma