Understanding Mental Health First Aid and Mental Health Advocacy in the Workplace
NCFE L2 Certificate (Free Online Course)
The purpose of this qualification is to give learners the skills to support colleagues with mental health problems. These skills will be gained by increasing the learner’s knowledge & understanding of mental health conditions and the principles of mental health first aid and how this can be implemented in the workplace.
This qualification is suitable for learners who wish to raise awareness of mental health, creating a culture of care and the promotion of positive mental health. This qualification gives learners the opportunity to understand mental health, its associated care and how this can be applied to learners or colleagues in the workplace.
This course is suitable for anyone over the age of 19 and those in a position of advocacy or care sector, those that line manage staff or work with students.
The objectives of this qualification are to:
- Introduce and explore different types of mental ill health, and factors that may increase the risk of mental ill health in individuals.
- Understand how to support individuals with mental ill health within boundaries of own role
- Explore how to create a mentally healthy environment for individuals in a variety of settings.
The course is broken down in to 3 online units:
- Unit 1 Exploring Mental Health
- Unit 2: Understand how to support individuals with mental ill health
- Unit 3: Understand a mentally healthy environment
Assessment: There is an online assessment at the end of each unit.
This online course is 120 hours.
This course is FREE*
*You must be able to commit to completing this course by 31st July 2023 or administration fees will be incurred.
Over 19s only
Please complete the Apply Now form in the link at the top right-hand side of the screen, once you have completed this, we will send you an invitation to enrol, followed by joining instructions on how to start the course. You will be given a unique log in code to access the course content.