Plumpton College Certificate
A two day course for anyone interested in learning how traditional Sussex trugs are made. You will make a trug from locally sourced wood.A two day course for anyone interested in learning how traditional Sussex trugs are made. You will make a trug from locally sourced wood.
- Introduction to traditional Sussex trugs and the tools and techniques used to make them.
- Splitting, shaving and steaming sweet chestnut for the frame
- Preparing and shaping the willow boards; making up the trug using copper tacks and nails; fitting the legs; trimming and finishing the trug
|Entry Requirements:|| |
There are no entry requirements for this course.
|Dates & Location:|| |
20th - 21st June 2017
10:00 - 16:00
- With over 800 hectares at your disposal, we’ve got excellent facilities for you to develop your knowledge and practical skills.
- On our College estate alone, you’ve got ancient semi-natural woodlands, chalk downland, our commercial farm, plus a network of small streams.
- You’ll also enjoy time at our dedicated wood workshops which are fully equipped with the latest technology and equipment.
Introduction to Green Woodworking
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Trug Making.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Beehive & Frame Assembly Day One day course
- Beekeeping Basic and Improvers Course BBKA
- Beekeeping Taster Day One day course
- Charcoal Making One day course
- Hedge Laying One day course
- Introduction to Green Woodworking One day course
- Shingle Making - Wooden Roofing One day course
- Stock Fencing One day course
- Wildlife of Sussex Evening course
- Willow Structures One day course