NPTC Level 2 Award
Formally known as CS38, you will learn about knots and harnesses, safe climbing techniques and aerial rescue including pole rescue.
Please note that this course has a £130 mandatory exam fee
- Steel toe capped boots with sound tread (BS EN ISO 20345)
- A safety helmet- arboricultural helmet (BS EN 12492)
- Non-snag outer clothing.
Course reference: FOP003
|Entry Requirements:|| |
There are no entry requirements for this course.
|Dates & Location:|| |
21st May- 25th May 2018
2nd July- 6th July 2018
Time: 09:00- 17:00
4th December- 8th December 2017
29th January- 2nd February 2018
4th June- 8th June 2018
Time: 09:00- 17:00
4 Days, Monday to Thursday.
Additional day for assessment.
£650 plus a £131 mandatory exam fee.
We’re pretty proud of our facilities here at Plumpton. In fact in the land-based sector, we’ve got some of the leading college facilities in the UK – the perfect natural location for our forestry and arboriculture courses for you to develop your skills.
- Discover the latest equipment for your course
You’ll work on various equipment such as tractors, a WoodMizer saw mill plus a range of wood chippers.
- Extensive grounds for you to develop your skills
You’ll need to be able to work in a variety of locations, build your knowledge by discovering our farmed land, hedgerows and streams.
- Experience our fantastic modern facilities
Our superb site at Flimwell features our working commercial woodland plus modern workshop – an ideal base for your studies
- Benefit from our excellent local connections
You’ll be able to gain practical experience and knowledge of the tree-based sector thanks to our links with local land owners and estates.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Tree Climbing and Aerial Rescue.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Aerial Cutting of Trees using Free-Fall Techniques NPTC Level 3 Award
- Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross Cutting NPTC Level 2 Award
- Competance in Manually Fed Wood Chippers NPTC Level 2
- Domestic Chainsaw Use: Felling of Small Trees Plumpton College Certificate
- Domestic Chainsaw Use: Maintenance & Cross Cutting Plumpton College Certicate
- Emergency First Aid for Work in Forestry Operations WorkSafe
- Felling and Processing Tress up to 380mm NPTC Level 2 Award
- Grounds Course Three Week Intensive
- Safe Use of Brush-cutters and Trimmers NPTC Level 2 Award
- Woodland Tree Identification Half day course