Three Week Course
This is a three week intensive course that will give you the necessary skills to begin a career in woodland management. On successfully completing the course you will be trained to industry standards in chainsaw maintenance and crosscutting and manually fed woodchipper.
The course will be complimented with a City and Guilds Level 1 Practical Horticultural Skills certificate.
All students will be required to have their own Chainsaw Personal Protective Equipment but all chainsaws and tools will be provided.
- NPTC Level 2 Award in Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross Cutting
- NPTC Level 2 Award in Felling & Processing Trees up to 380mm
- NPTC Level 2 Competence in Manually Fed Wood Chippers
- NPTC Level 2 Award in Safe Use of Brushcutters & Trimmers
- City and Guilds Level 1 Certificate in Practical Horticulture Skills
|Entry Requirements:|| |
|Dates & Location:|| |
9:15 - 16:15
£155 Tuition Fee
£300 assessment fees. Full or co.funding is available if eligibilty criteria is met.
We’re pretty proud of our facilities here at Plumpton. In fact in the land-based sector, we’ve got some of the leading college facilities in the UK – the perfect natural location for our forestry and arboriculture courses for you to develop your skills.
- Discover the latest equipment for your course
You’ll work on various equipment such as tractors, a wood miser saw mill plus a range of wood chippers.
- Extensive grounds for you to develop your skills
You’ll need to be able to work in a variety of locations, build your knowledge by discovering our farmed land, hedgerows and streams.
- Experience our fantastic modern facilities
You’ll be able to gain practical experience and knowledge of the tree-based sector thanks to our links with local land owners and estates.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Three Week Intensive Grounds Course (TWIG).
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.