One day course
Learn how to erect stock fencing and the basic layout for different animals.
- Introductions - ascertain individuals' needs
- Course Overview - content and timetable
- Overview of Stock Fencing Construction
- Practical Session
- Tool usage, safety equipment, general safety
- Installing Straining Posts and struts
- Installing Intermediate posts
- Setting out, joining and tensioning netting
- Joining and tensioning wire.
Course reference: COP027
|Entry Requirements:|| |
There are no entry requirements for this course.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Ivyland Farm, Netherfield Centre.
This course runs on a Saturday from 09:30 to 16:30
- With over 800 hectares at your disposal, we’ve got excellent facilities for you to develop your knowledge and practical skills.
- On our College estate alone, you’ve got ancient semi-natural woodlands, chalk downland, our commercial farm, plus a network of small streams.
- You’ll also enjoy time at our dedicated wood workshops which are fully equipped with the latest technology and equipment.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Stock Fencing.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Beehive & Frame Assembly Day One day course
- Beekeeping Basic and Improvers Course BBKA
- Beekeeping Taster Day One day course
- Hedge Laying One day course
- Honey Bee Management- Module One BBKA
- Insight into Roman Britain Plumpton Certificate
- Trug Making Plumpton College Certificate
- Willow Structures One day course