Level 1/2 First (Award or Certificate)
A perfect choice for those students who are passionate about staying active. You will develop knowledge and practical skills using a range of academic and physical methods focused around the sporting employment sector. Practical activities could include, Football, Rugby, racket sports, hiking, paddlesport, climbing and fitness development which will be embedded throughout the academic content.
Possible Units you can study:
- Fitness for sport and exercise (external examination)
- Practical sport performance
- The sport performer in action
- Training for personal fitness
- Leading sports activities
- Anatomy and Physiology for sports performance (external examination)
- Injury and the sports performer
- The mind and sports performance
|Dates & Location:|| |
1 year, part time (First award)
2 years, part time (First certificate)
One day per week
Whether exploring on land as part of our fantastic 800-hectare estate, climbing our indoor climbing wall or even taking part in activities in the water, we’ve got outstanding facilities at Plumpton College and our other excellent Out Centres for you to experience and enjoy.
- On land – the perfect environment to base your studies
Our extensive Plumpton estate is the ideal place for you to experience all of our outdoor activities, all with the beautiful backdrop of the South Downs.
- Take to the water with our excellent choice of watersports
Discover all of our sailing and water-sports activities at our excellent academy at Piddinghoe Lake. We’ve also got other inland and coastal locations.
- So many sports for you to discover and enjoy
Whether you play on land or in the water, we’ve got excellent facilities at Plumpton, including our large sports field and two outdoor hard-surface tennis courts.
- An excellent residential centre in beautiful North Wales
Lots of outdoors excitement to be had at our residential centre at Plumpton at Snowdonia. Think mountaineering, mountain biking and multi-pitch climbing just as a starter…
Successful students can further enhance their knowledge by progressing onto a full Level 2 or Level 3 programme.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.