One day course
This course is either a good introduction into first aid techniques in the dog and cat and how to deal with various first aid situations and emergencies.
Ideal if you are setting up an animal related business such as grooming or pet sitting or walking. It is also a good refresher in first aid techniques for those with prior knowledge that would benefit from some up-dating.
- Rules & aims of first aid
- Basic signs of good & poor health
- Assessment of wounds & haemorrhage & bandaging techniques
- Shock, respiratory obstruction, convulsions & resuscitation procedures
- Dealing with poisonings and insect stings
- Hypothermia & heat stroke
- Restraint & transportation of the patient
- First aid kits
Course reference: VNP022
|Entry Requirements:|| |
There are no entry requirements for this course.
|Dates & Location:|| |
11th October 2017
17th January 2018
11th April 2018
11th July 2018
Time: 10:00- 15:00
You’ve got a fantastic animal management unit to discover here at Plumpton where you’ll be able to experience the latest technology and equipment. Each of the different animals requires a certain level of care so you’ll be able to experience managing different environments.
- All types of animal care management
We cater for an extensive range of animals: from amphibians to birds, fish to livestock, mammals to reptiles.
- Extensive farming facilities for you to discover
You’ll be able to develop invaluable practical handling skills at our Plumpton College farm site which manages a huge range of livestock.
- The perfect learning environment for your studies
We’ve got great facilities for you to work in and develop your practical skills no matter what course you’re studying.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Small Animal First Aid.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.