NPTC Level 2 Award
Learn the practical and theory for NPTC Safe Use of Sheep Dip.
- NPTC Safe Use of Sheep Dip
- Guidance Notes for Candidates and Assessors:
- Unit 1: Prepare to dip sheep
- Part 1: Undertake an initial practical assessment prior to sheep being dipped
- Part 2: Demonstrate knowledge of dipping in sheep
The qualification will be awarded to candidates who meet the assessment requirements for Unit 1, split into 2 parts.
- Part 1 -Assessment is carried out on a one candidate to one Assessor basis, using oral questions in the vicinity of a sheep dip.
- Part 2 - Assessed through a GOLA test (using a laptop computer)
In order to pass the assessment for Part 2, candidates must obtain at least 28 marks out of the maximum 35 marks (80%).
Please note that there is a £126 mandatory exam fee.
Course reference: AGP016
|Entry Requirements:|| |
There are no entry requirements for this course.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Tuesday 9th May 2017
1 day plus an assessment day
£130 plus a £131 mandatory exam fee.
Come and discover our excellent agriculture facilities at Plumpton - set in the backdrop of the beautiful South Downs. You’ll find the latest state of the art equipment plus all the different types of farmland for you to experience here at Plumpton.
- Lots of space for you to work in
Our 780-hectare commercial farming estate gives you the opportunity to experience different livestock and arable farming.
- The latest equipment for you to discover
We’ve got a modern 300 cow dairy unit complete with 36:36 Herringbone milking parlour where you’ll gain hands-on experience.
- An extensive range of livestock for you to experience
You’ll get to work with our Sussex beef cattle, sow pig unit plus our extensively managed flock of 550 sheep.
- The perfect environment for you to study
You’ll enjoy practical lessons where you’ll gain hands-on farming experience in our modern classrooms and farming sites.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Safe use of Sheep Dips.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Ground Crop Sprayer - Hydraulic Nozzle (PA2) NPTC Award
- Hand Blade Sheep Shearing Three day course
- Keeping Laying Hens at Home One day course
- Lambing Practical (Netherfield) One day course
- Lambing Practical (Plumpton) One day course
- Livestock Transport (Short Journeys) NPTC Certificate
- Managing a Beef Herd One day course
- Operating Mounted or Trailed Slug Pellet Applicators PA4S NPTC
- PA3 - Air Assisted Sprayer - Mounted or Trailed Preparation and maintenance of the sprayer
- PA6A - Knapsack Sprayer - Hydraulic Nozzle Prepare and use hand held pesticides applicators
- PA6AW - Hand Held Application In or Near Water with Hydraulic Nozzle NPTC
- PA6INJ - Hand Held Application Using Injection Equipment NPTC
- Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides (PA1) NPTC Level 2
- Safe Use of Aluminium Phosphide for Vertebrate Pest Control NPTC Level 2 Award
- Safe Use of Pesticides for Vertebrate Pest Control for Rats & Mice NPTC Level 2 Award
- Sheep Handling One day course
- Sheep Shearing for Beginners and Improvers Three day course