NPTC Level 2 Award
This course will prepare the student to take the City & Guilds assessment which is a legislative requirement to buy and use this product. This course enables the student to understand what Aluminium Phosphide is and how to use it.
- Codes of Practice
- Reading Labels
- Importance of PPE
- Environmental Risks
- Note pad and pen
- Suitable Protective Gloves (gauntlet style nitrile gloves preferable 0.56mm thickness)
- Full-face respiratory protective equipment (PPE) equipped with a suitable gas filter certridge (s) (B2) which also meets the P3 standard for particulates
- Full charged mobile phone telephone with the emergency number
Course reference: PEP005
|Entry Requirements:|| |
There are no entry requirements for this course.
|Dates & Location:|| |
This course runs on a Monday 9:00 - 16:00.
1 day plus a separate assessment
£140.00 plus a £130 mandatory exam fee and £10 for a workbook.
*please note NPTC will be increasing their registration fees from 1st April 2017*
Come and discover our excellent agriculture facilities at Plumpton - set in the backdrop of the beautiful South Downs. You’ll find the latest state of the art equipment plus all the different types of farmland for you to experience here at Plumpton.
- Lots of space for you to work in
Our 780-hectare commercial farming estate gives you the opportunity to experience different livestock and arable farming.
- The latest equipment for you to discover
We’ve got a modern 300 cow dairy unit complete with 36:36 Herringbone milking parlour where you’ll gain hands-on experience.
- An extensive range of livestock for you to experience
You’ll get to work with our Sussex beef cattle, sow pig unit plus our extensively managed flock of 550 sheep.
- The perfect environment for you to study
You’ll enjoy practical lessons where you’ll gain hands-on farming experience in our modern classrooms and farming sites.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Ground Crop Sprayer - Hydraulic Nozzle (PA2) NPTC Award
- Hand Blade Sheep Shearing Three day course
- Keeping Laying Hens at Home One day course
- Lambing Practical (Netherfield) One day course
- Lambing Practical (Plumpton) One day course
- Livestock Transport (Short Journeys) NPTC Certificate
- Managing a Beef Herd One day course
- Operating Mounted or Trailed Slug Pellet Applicators PA4S NPTC
- PA3 - Air Assisted Sprayer - Mounted or Trailed Preparation and maintenance of the sprayer
- PA6A - Knapsack Sprayer - Hydraulic Nozzle Prepare and use hand held pesticides applicators
- PA6AW - Hand Held Application In or Near Water with Hydraulic Nozzle NPTC
- PA6INJ - Hand Held Application Using Injection Equipment NPTC
- Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides (PA1) NPTC Level 2
- Safe Use of Pesticides for Vertebrate Pest Control for Rats & Mice NPTC Level 2 Award
- Safe use of Sheep Dips NPTC Level 2 Award
- Sheep Handling One day course
- Sheep Shearing for Beginners and Improvers Three day course