WSET Diploma: Unit 4
This module will provide the student with a detailed, contemporary knowledge of the history, production and commercial significance of spirits & beer, particularly those available in the UK market. It will also teach a systematic tasting technique to determine the raw materials, quality, degree of maturity, age, origins & style of these products. The same aspects of Cider will be studied in less depth.
• Brandies, whiskies, rums, vodka, tequila, gin, flavoured spirits, fruit spirits, liqueurs, ales, lagers, cider and perry.
• Factors affecting: regional locations, raw materials, production, maturation, blending and finishing, product variations, cost and pricing.
• Trade and legal structures: trade bodies, relevant legislation, duty, major producers.
• Principal characteristics: appearance, nose, taste, raw materials, quality, degree of maturity, age, origins & style
The spirit content of this module covers the Wine & Spirits Education Trust Diploma units 4.
|Entry Requirements:|| |
WSET Level 3 certificate
Must be over 18 years old.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Time: 14:30- 16:15
Every Thursday for 14 Weeks.
- Studying at Plumpton gives you the chance to enjoy time at the heart of the South East of England’s wine production industry.
- We’ve got 10 hectares of vineyards producing 40,000 bottles of award-winning still and sparkling wines each year at Plumpton.
- We’ve also got a purpose-built Plumpton Wine Centre which includes a commercial winery, research winery, laboratories and a sensory evaluation room for you to experience.
- Combined with our team of international expert lecturers, you’ll certainly gain an excellent all-round experience at Plumpton.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in PW221 Spirits, Beer and Cider.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Advanced Online Selling for Wine Producers WineSkills Scheduled Business Workshop
- Blending and Tirage WineSkills Oenology Scheduled Workshop
- Canopy Management WineSkills viticulture scheduled workshop
- Filtration & Clarification WineSkills Oenology Scheduled Workshop
- Grapes, Ferment and Malolactic Management WineSkills Scheduled Winery Workshop
- Introduction to Online Selling for Wine Producers WineSkills Scheduled Business Workshop
- Judging Sparkling Wine WineSkills scheduled wine tasting workshop
- Packaging WineSkills Oenology Scheduled Workshop
- Protecting Your Vines from Downy Mildew - with Dr Peter Spencer-Philips & Chris Cooper WineSkills Masterclass
- Pruning to Maximise Fruit Quality & Vine Health WineSkills Masterclass with Dr Alain Deloire
- PW120 Grapegrowing and Winemaking WSET Diploma: Unit 2
- PW205 Wines of the World 2 WSET Diploma: Unit 3
- Vine Disease Management WineSkills Viticulture Scheduled workshop
- Vine Nutrition WineSkills Scheduled vineyard workshop
- Vine Planting & Establishment WineSkills viticulture scheduled workshop
- Vineyard Floor Management WineSkills Scheduled Vineyard Workshop
- Vineyard Occupational Health & Safety WineSkills Scheduled vineyard workshop
- Wine Maturation and Stabilisation WineSkills Scheduled Winery Workshop
- Wine Sensory Evaluation WineSkills scheduled Winery Workshop
- Wines and Spirits WSET Level 2 Award
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing 7 sessions over half a year
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing Intensive 1 week course
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing 1 Day Sessions
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing All Sessions (extensive)
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking 7 sessions over half a year
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking Intensive 1 week course
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking 1 Day Sessions
- Winter Pruning WineSkills Viticulture Scheduled Workshop
- WSET Award in Wines Level 3 Award
- WSET Award in Wines WSET Level 4 Diploma