Venison butchery for professionals in the game and catering sectors.
Learn how to maximise profit from your carcass.
- Discuss breeds of venison and size of carcass;
- Learn about the potential profit from a carcass;
- Look at the composition and cuts of a venison carcass;
- break down the carcass into its primal cuts;
- Turn the primal cuts into secondary and added value products;
- Discuss which ingredients work with, and how to cook venision;
- How to predict and calculate profit from a carcass.
Course code: FTP014
|Entry Requirements:|| |
Professional interest in venison butchery.
Casual clothes suitable for butchery.
Robust shoes (not trainers).
Disposable aprons and coats will be provided.
Students may bring their own knives but college knives will be available.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Time: 09:30- 16:30
Location: Off site- Ockham
1 Day course
+ £40.00 for materials
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Professional Venison Butchery.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.