NPTC Level 2
This is the foundation module that places a strong emphasis upon using pesticides safely.
This course will cover legislation, necessary precautions, storage, record keeping and environmental protection. Successful completion is a condition of entry for other pesticide modules.
Please note that this course has a £88.50 mandatory exam fee.
- Personal safety and contamination
- Pesticide & Container Storage
- Record keeping
- Label information
- Operator responsibilities
- Container and packaging disposal
- Environmental and wildlife consideration
- Emergency procedures
- Note pad and pen
Course reference: PEP001
|Entry Requirements:|| |
There are no entry requirements for this course.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Monday 4th September 2017
Monday 9th October 2017
Monday 30th October 2017
Monday 27th November 2017
Tuesday 2nd January 2018
Monday 5th February 2018
Monday 5th March 2018
Monday 9th April 2018
Wednesday 9th May 2018
Monday 4th June 2018
This course runs from 9:00-17:00.
1 day plus a separate assessment
£125 plus a £89.50 mandatory exam fee.
Come and discover our excellent agriculture facilities at Plumpton - set in the backdrop of the beautiful South Downs. You’ll find the latest state of the art equipment plus all the different types of farmland for you to experience here at Plumpton.
- Lots of space for you to work in
Our 780-hectare commercial farming estate gives you the opportunity to experience different livestock and arable farming.
- The latest equipment for you to discover
We’ve got a modern 300 cow dairy unit complete with 36:36 Herringbone milking parlour where you’ll gain hands-on experience.
- An extensive range of livestock for you to experience
You’ll get to work with our Sussex beef cattle, sow pig unit plus our extensively managed flock of 550 sheep.
- The perfect environment for you to study
You’ll enjoy practical lessons where you’ll gain hands-on farming experience in our modern classrooms and farming sites.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides (PA1).
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Ground Crop Sprayer - Hydraulic Nozzle (PA2) NPTC Award
- Hand Blade Sheep Shearing Three day course
- Keeping Laying Hens at Home One day course
- Lambing Practical (Netherfield) One day course
- Lambing Practical (Plumpton) One day course
- Livestock Transport (Short Journeys) NPTC Certificate
- Managing a Beef Herd One day course
- Operating Mounted or Trailed Slug Pellet Applicators PA4S NPTC
- PA3 - Air Assisted Sprayer - Mounted or Trailed Preparation and maintenance of the sprayer
- PA6A - Knapsack Sprayer - Hydraulic Nozzle Prepare and use hand held pesticides applicators
- PA6AW - Hand Held Application In or Near Water with Hydraulic Nozzle NPTC
- PA6INJ - Hand Held Application Using Injection Equipment NPTC
- Safe Use of Aluminium Phosphide for Vertebrate Pest Control NPTC Level 2 Award
- Safe Use of Pesticides for Vertebrate Pest Control for Rats & Mice NPTC Level 2 Award
- Safe use of Sheep Dips NPTC Level 2 Award
- Sheep Handling One day course
- Sheep Shearing for Beginners and Improvers Three day course