Educational Visits and Workshops - KS1 - KS4
Educational Day Visits - KS1 - KS4 10am - 2pm
Science, Technology, English, Art, Maths, History, Geography and Citizenship.
Farm Visits are linked to food and farming. An excellent opportunity to see ‘Where food comes from’. All visits are tailor made to link with a wide range of classroom topics.
- Food, Farming, Animals, British Countryside and Seasons
- Planting, Growing & Climate
- Life cycles
- Wildlife, Habitats & Biodiversity
Lambing Visits – March 2017 - Primary and Secondary Schools—An exciting ‘hands on’ opportunity to meet the new born lambs learning about ‘New life ’. During visits teachers and students can be lucky enough to see lambs being born. We will be offering Lambing days for schools which will include other areas of the College farm. Please book early.
Literacy on the Farm (Primary) ‘Where your food comes from’ A fantastic learning experience to link with the curriculum. We show how visiting the farm and taking part in activities in the natural environment supports the curriculum through the ‘Story of Milk’.
Literacy in the Woods (Primary) The Gruffalo, Boris Badger, Scarecrows Wedding - A great way to explore stories that can come to life in the woods and children can use their imagination. Engaging with the outdoors, stimulates and relates young learners with sounds, words, literature and genres of writing whilst combing knowledge, vocabulary and story ideas.
Maths Explore ‘Marvellous Maths’ discover on the farm or in the Woods, estimate, measure, areas, symmetry, reflection, shapes, patterns, diagrams, charts, amazing ways to enjoy maths.
Visits to your School for Primary and Secondary Schools. We can offer:
- Workshop Sessions We would be pleased to visit your school and deliver sessions linked to your classroom topic.
- Assemblies If you would like us to deliver a course or career presentation please contact us.
- Careers Evenings we are happy to attend careers evenings to share with parents and pupils the careers available from studying at Plumpton.
Contact the Schools Liaison Team:
Deborah Brickell: 01273 892096
Maurice Shorten: 01273 892015
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.