Entry Level 3
Developing your skills to progress onto a vocational programme or prepare for employment, filling any skills gaps, and increasing your independent learning
This course is designed for learners to have a supported experience of cross-college vocational areas. Learners will gain an Entry 3 OCR life and living qualification alongside improving their English and Maths skills.
The aims of this course
- Devise an individualised learning programme to develop the skills required for progression
- Trial vocational options within a supportive environment. These may include horticulture, animal management, floristry, countryside management, and sport.
- To develop skills in English, Math, and ICT.
- To build on the strengths and identify areas for improvement of each student, developing confidence and self-esteem.
- Access external or internal work experience opportunities as applicable for the individual.
- Learners will have the opportunity to set up and run a small business enterprise for the academic year.
The following are some areas the course covers:
- Gardening & Horticulture
- Animal care
- Maths and English
- Money management
- Personal Safety
- Work experience
- Employability Skills
- Community Engagement
- Countryside skills
What support will be offered?
All programmes will be tailored around individual learners and EHCP guidance, drawing targets following a RARPA process (recognising and recording progress and achievement). Learner progress and targets are reviewed throughout the year. Learning support is offered as appropriate.
- Maths and English Functional Skills or GCSE where applicable.
- OCR Life and Living
Students require an interest to develop their skills for work and progress onto a Level 1 course.
|Dates & Location:||
Vocational study or employment.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Pre-Vocational Studies.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.