Break down a venison carcass into primal and secondary cuts.
- Discuss breeds of venison;
- Learn about venison in the wild;
- Look at the composition and cuts of a venison carsass;
- Break down the carcass into its primal cuts;
- Turn the primal cuts into secondary and added value products;
- Discuss which ingredients work with, and how to cook venison;
- Take some delicious local venison home.
Course code: FTP021
|Entry Requirements:|| |
An interest in the subject.
Casual clothing suitable for butchery.
Robust shoes (no trainers).
Disposable aprons and coats will be provided.
Students may bring their own knives but college knives will be available.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Time: 09:30- 15:30
Location: Off site- Ockham
1 Day course
+ £25.00 for materials
Course takes place at our Butchery School in Robertsbridge.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Practical Venison Butchery.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- An Income from your Kitchen Evening course
- Bacon and Gammon Curing Plumpton Certificate
- Bacon and Gammon Curing Carcass Preparation Plumpton Certificate
- Food Hygiene Level 2
- Practical Lamb Butchery Plumpton Certificate
- Practical Pork Butchery Plumpton Certificate
- Professional Venison Butchery Plumpton Certificate