Break down a venison carcass into primal and secondary cuts.
- Discuss breeds of venison;
- Learn about venison in the wild;
- Look at the composition and cuts of a venison carsass;
- Break down the carcass into its primal cuts;
- Turn the primal cuts into secondary and added value products;
- Discuss which ingredients work with, and how to cook venison;
- Take some delicious local venison home.
Course code: FTP021
|Entry Requirements:|| |
An interest in the subject.
Casual clothing suitable for butchery.
Robust shoes (no trainers).
Disposable aprons and coats will be provided.
Students may bring their own knives but college knives will be available.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Date: 15th October 2018
Time: 09:30- 15:30
Location: Off site- Ockham
1 Day course
Food industry students will have access to our onsite Dairy Processing Unit where we pasteurize milk and produce various cheeses, yogurts and ice cream.
Bakery students will have access to a brand new training facility at our partner bakery Sugardough in Hove.
For those taking part in our butchery courses, we have a fantastic off site butchery school in Robertsbridge.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Practical Venison Butchery.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.