A hands-on butchery course ideal for complete beginners and those wanting to improve their techniques.
Learn how to break down a pork carcass into primal and secondary cuts.
- Discuss pig breeds;
- Learn about pig production on the farm;
- Look at the composition and cuts of a port carcass;
- Break down the carcass into its primal cuts;
- Turn the primal cuts into secondary and added value products;
- Discuss which ingredients work with and how to cook pork;
- Take some delicious Plumpton College pork home.
Course reference: FTP026
|Entry Requirements:|| |
An interest in the subject.
Casual clothing suitable for butchery.
Disposable aprons and coats will be provided.
Students may bring their own knives but college knives will be available.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Date: TBC - Click "Apply Now" to register your interest.
Time: 09:30- 16:30
+ £30.00 for materials
Food industry students will have access to our onsite Dairy Processing Unit where we pasteurize milk and produce various cheeses, yogurts and ice cream.
Bakery students will have access to a brand new training facility at our partner bakery Sugardough in Hove.
For those taking part in our butchery courses, we have a fantastic off site butchery school in Robertsbridge.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Practical Pork Butchery.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.