A hands-on butchery course ideal for complete beginners and those wanting to improve their techniques.
Learn how to break down a pork carcass into primal and secondary cuts.
- Discuss pig breeds;
- Learn about pig production on the farm;
- Look at the composition and cuts of a port carcass;
- Break down the carcass into its primal cuts;
- Turn the primal cuts into secondary and added value products;
- Discuss which ingredients work with and how to cook pork;
- Take some delicious Plumpton College pork home.
Course reference: FTP026
|Entry Requirements:|| |
An interest in the subject.
Casual clothing suitable for butchery.
Disposable aprons and coats will be provided.
Students may bring their own knives but college knives will be available.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Date: 16th April 2018
Time: 09:30- 16:30
+ £30.00 for materials
Course takes place at our Butchery School in Robertsbridge.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Practical Pork Butchery.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- An Income from your Kitchen Evening course
- Bacon and Gammon Curing Plumpton Certificate
- Bacon and Gammon Curing Carcass Preparation Plumpton Certificate
- Food Hygiene Level 2
- Food Safety & Hygiene CIEH Certificate Level 2 Award
- Practical Lamb Butchery Plumpton Certificate
- Practical Venison Butchery Plumpton Certificate
- Professional Venison Butchery Plumpton Certificate