A hands-on butchery course ideal for complete beginners and those wanting to improve their techniques.
Learn how to break down a pork carcass into primal and secondary cuts.
- Discuss pig breeds;
- Learn about pig production on the farm;
- Look at the composition and cuts of a port carcass;
- Break down the carcass into its primal cuts;
- Turn the primal cuts into secondary and added value products;
- Discuss which ingredients work with and how to cook pork;
- Take some delicious Plumpton College pork home.
Course reference: FTP026
|Entry Requirements:|| |
An interest in the subject.
Casual clothing suitable for butchery.
Disposable aprons and coats will be provided.
Students may bring their own knives but college knives will be available.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Date: TBC - Click "Apply Now" to register your interest.
Time: 09:30- 16:30
+ £30.00 for materials
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Practical Pork Butchery.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.