To introduce participants to the practice of butchering lamb, understanding the cuts and presenting the meat for sale. At the end of the course each participant will have cut up a whole lamb. The course is limited to 4 participants to ensure maximum practical experience and individual attention from the tutor.
- Discuss breeds of lamb;
- Learn about lamb production on the farm;
- Look at the composition and cuts of a lamb carcass;
- Break down the carcass into its primal cuts;
- Turn the primal cuts into secondary and added value products;
- Discuss which ingredients work with and how to cook lamb;
- Take some delicious Plumpton College lamb home.
Course reference: FTP018
|Entry Requirements:|| |
An interest in the subject.
Students should wear casual clothes suitable for butchery.
Robust shoes (not trainers).
Disposable aprons and coats will be provided.
Students may bring their own knives but college knives will be provided.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Date: 19th March 2018
Time: 09:30- 15:30
+ £25.00 for materials.
Course takes place at our Butchery School in Robertsbridge.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Practical Lamb Butchery.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- An Income from your Kitchen Evening course
- Bacon and Gammon Curing Plumpton Certificate
- Bacon and Gammon Curing Carcass Preparation Plumpton Certificate
- Food Hygiene Level 2
- Food Safety & Hygiene CIEH Certificate Level 2 Award
- Practical Pork Butchery Plumpton Certificate
- Practical Venison Butchery Plumpton Certificate
- Professional Venison Butchery Plumpton Certificate