RHS Level 2 Certificate
The Level 2 Certificate in Practical Horticulture focuses on developing essential horticultural techniques and provides a good foundation for the necessary skills required for employment in the horticultural industry.
This practical based qualification develops core practical skills providing hands on experience across a range of tasks throughout the year.
Please note that due to the continual assessment within this course, a minimum of 95% attendance is required.
Each unit is assessed by set practical activities and some written proformas providing hands on experience across a range of tasks throughout the year. These include plant propagation, plant identification, plant establishment and maintenance and will also give you an understanding of soil management, plant health and nutrition and sustainable garden practice.
|Entry Requirements:|| |
There is no requirement for previous knowledge or experience needed for entry to the qualifications, although a keen interest and enthusiasm is, of course, key to success.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Tuesday 25th September 2018 - 9:30 - 13:00
Wednesday 26th September 2018- 9:30 - 13:00
Wednesday 26th September 2018 - 13:00 - 16:30
Thursday 27th September 2018 - 9:30 - 13:00
Friday 28th September 2018 - 09:30 - 13:00
Tuesday 25th September 2018 - 18:00 - 20:30
1/2 day per week for a whole academic year
*funding may be available, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Our horticulture facilities at Plumpton are pretty impressive. In fact you’ll get to experience one of the finest natural locations in the country, perfect for developing your creativity. Whether indoors or outdoors, you’ll be able to build your skills in an excellent environment.
- Discover our extensively planted areas on-site at Plumpton
As you build your knowledge, you’ll be able to gain a wide experience of being able to identify and maintain different plants.
- Experience our endangered plant collections at first hand
You’ll be able to experience our Black Poplars and National collection of Hebes, in addition to our endangered plant network connection with Kew Gardens.
- Grow plants all year round here
We’ve got an excellent large area under glass where you’ll be able to grow plants without the risk of the weather, up to a commercial level.
- Build even more skills at Plumpton
You’ll be able to develop your brickwork skills and paving at our large landscaping centre.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Practical Horticulture Skills.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Award in the Safe Use of Handheld Hedge Cutters City & Guilds NPTC Level 2
- Basic Brickwork One day course
- Computer Aided Design Course 2 - Vectorworks
- Computer Aided Design Course 3 - Vectorworks
- Computer Aided Design Course 1 Vectorworks
- Drawing Course for Garden Designers Plumpton College Certificate
- Further Brickwork One day course
- Garden Design Taster Day
- Garden Design Professional Diploma
- Garden Design One Design Principles
- Garden Design Three Garden visits, planting design and plans
- Garden Design Two Practical - surveying your garden and planting design
- Garden Fencing One day course
- Paving Slabs and Block Paving One day course
- Plumpton College Certificate in Lawn Care Plumpton College Certificate
- Practical Horticulture RHS Level 3 Certificate
- Practical Horticulture Skills City & Guilds level 2 Diploma
- Practical Horticulture Skills City & Guilds level 1 Certificate
- Practical Horticulture Skills (Flourish) City & Guilds level 1 Award
- Practical Horticulture Skills (Garden Design) City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma
- Principles of Plant Growth, Propagation and Development RHS Level 2 Certificate
- Wood Working for Landscapers One day course