City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma
This City & Guilds Diploma is intended for those interested in garden design as a career path or amateurs wishing to improve their design skills. Whether working in garden development or horticulture, you will gain the necessary skills required to produce professional garden designs.
The course covers all the fundamental elements of garden design and includes both contemporary and historical design influences. Completion of site survey, scaled plans, final design and planting plans culminate in students being responsible for the design and build of the prestigious Plumpton College show garden at the South of England Show, Ardingly. Complimentary knowledge of soils and plants underpin the professional design practices.
Course code: GDP011
|Entry Requirements:|| |
No formal entry requirements
|Dates & Location:|| |
Time: 10.00- 15.00
Campus: Stanmer Park
2 days per week for 30 weeks
Learning Level: Level 2
Our horticulture facilities at Plumpton are pretty impressive. In fact you’ll get to experience one of the finest natural locations in the country, perfect for developing your creativity. Whether indoors or outdoors, you’ll be able to build your skills in an excellent environment.
- Discover our extensively planted areas on-site at Plumpton
As you build your knowledge, you’ll be able to gain a wide experience of being able to identify and maintain different plants.
- Experience our endangered plant collections at first hand
You’ll be able to experience our Black Poplars and National collection of Hebes, in addition to our endangered plant network connection with Kew Gardens.
- Grow plants all year round here
We’ve got an excellent large area under glass where you’ll be able to grow plants without the risk of the weather, up to a commercial level.
- Build even more skills at Plumpton
You’ll be able to develop your brickwork skills and paving at our large landscaping centre.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Practical Horticulture Skills (Garden Design).
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- An Introduction to Drawing Plants and Flowers Plumpton College Certificate
- Award in the Safe Use of Handheld Hedge Cutters City & Guilds NPTC Level 2
- Basic Brickwork One day course
- Computer Aided Design Course 2 - Vectorworks
- Computer Aided Design Course 3 - Vectorworks
- Computer Aided Design Course 1 Vectorworks
- Drawing Course for Garden Designers Plumpton College Certificate
- Further Brickwork One day course
- Garden Design Taster Day
- Garden Design Professional Diploma
- Garden Design One Design Principles
- Garden Design Three Garden visits, planting design and plans
- Garden Design Two Practical - surveying your garden and planting design
- Garden Fencing One day course
- Paving Slabs and Block Paving One day course
- Practical Horticulture RHS Level 3 Certificate
- Practical Horticulture Skills City & Guilds level 2 Diploma
- Practical Horticulture Skills RHS Level 2 Certificate
- Practical Horticulture Skills City & Guilds level 1 Certificate
- Practical Horticulture Skills (Flourish) City & Guilds level 1 Award
- Practical Horticulture Skills - Propagation City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate
- Principles of Plant Growth, Propagation and Development RHS Level 2 Certificate
- Wood Working for Landscapers One day course