City & Guilds level 1 Award
This short course is designed to introduce you to the world of horticulture either with a view to taking up a career in the horticulture industry or furthering your knowledge in the garden.
During your five weeks you will be introduced to some of the commonly required skills in horticulture such as seed sowing and ground preparations. You will gain an insight into other areas that you may wish to learn more about and progress onto further qualifications in the field.
Course code: HOP036 (Stanmer Park)
|Entry Requirements:|| |
No entry requirements but you must have an interest in the subject.
Steel toe capped boots are required for this course.
|Dates & Location:|| |
18th September - 16th October
6th November - 4th December
15th January - 12th February
5th March - 2nd April
30th April - 28th May
11th June - 16th July
Time: 10.00- 15.00
1 day a week for 5 weeks
Fee remissions available subject to availability.
Our horticulture facilities at Plumpton are pretty impressive. In fact you’ll get to experience one of the finest natural locations in the country, perfect for developing your creativity. Whether indoors or outdoors, you’ll be able to build your skills in an excellent environment.
- Discover our extensively planted areas on-site at Plumpton
As you build your knowledge, you’ll be able to gain a wide experience of being able to identify and maintain different plants.
- Experience our endangered plant collections at first hand
You’ll be able to experience our Black Poplars and National collection of Hebes, in addition to our endangered plant network connection with Kew Gardens.
- Grow plants all year round here
We’ve got an excellent large area under glass where you’ll be able to grow plants without the risk of the weather, up to a commercial level.
- Build even more skills at Plumpton
You’ll be able to develop your brickwork skills and paving at our large landscaping centre.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Practical Horticulture Skills (Flourish).
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Award in the Safe Use of Handheld Hedge Cutters City & Guilds NPTC Level 2
- Basic Brickwork One day course
- Computer Aided Design Course 2 - Vectorworks
- Computer Aided Design Course 3 - Vectorworks
- Computer Aided Design Course 1 Vectorworks
- Drawing Course for Garden Designers Plumpton College Certificate
- Further Brickwork One day course
- Garden Design Taster Day
- Garden Design Professional Diploma
- Garden Design One Design Principles
- Garden Design Three Garden visits, planting design and plans
- Garden Design Two Practical - surveying your garden and planting design
- Garden Fencing One day course
- Paving Slabs and Block Paving One day course
- Practical Horticulture RHS Level 3 Certificate
- Practical Horticulture Skills City & Guilds level 2 Diploma
- Practical Horticulture Skills RHS Level 2 Certificate
- Practical Horticulture Skills City & Guilds level 1 Certificate
- Practical Horticulture Skills (Garden Design) City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma
- Principles of Plant Growth, Propagation and Development RHS Level 2 Certificate
- Wood Working for Landscapers One day course