City & Guilds level 2 Diploma
Our Part-time City & Guilds practical courses in Horticulture are designed to allow for progression from a Level 1 introductory short course through to a full Level 2 Diploma in Practical Horticulture.
The Level 2 Diploma covers a wide range of horticultural practices for those with a keen interest in progressing their gardening skills.
This predominantly practical course covers an extensive range of tasks undertaken in the garden and under protection throughout the year. This course is designed for students who wish to learn practical skills and the knowledge behind them to a level of competence that will allow then to enter into unsupervised employment within the horticultural industry, or for amateur gardeners who wish to up-skill their own practice. Please note that due to the continual assessment within this course, a minimum of 95% attendance is required.maintenance.
Each unit is assessed by observation of practical activities. The course will cover a broad range of skills required in horticulture, including soil cultivation, plant establishment and plant maintenance, pruning, plant identification, propagation, growing under protection, lawn care, and garden planning.
|Entry Requirements:|| |
Previous experience is not necessary; a general interest in horticulture, plants and their requirements is all you need.
Steel toe capped boots are required for this course.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Monday 24th September 2018
Wednesday 26th September 2018
Time: 9:30 - 16:00
Campus: Stanmer Park
1 day a week for an academic year
*funding maybe available, please email email@example.com
Our horticulture facilities at Plumpton are pretty impressive. In fact you’ll get to experience one of the finest natural locations in the country, perfect for developing your creativity. Whether indoors or outdoors, you’ll be able to build your skills in an excellent environment.
- Discover our extensively planted areas on-site at Plumpton
As you build your knowledge, you’ll be able to gain a wide experience of being able to identify and maintain different plants.
- Experience our endangered plant collections at first hand
You’ll be able to experience our Black Poplars and National collection of Hebes, in addition to our endangered plant network connection with Kew Gardens.
- Grow plants all year round here
We’ve got an excellent large area under glass where you’ll be able to grow plants without the risk of the weather, up to a commercial level.
- Build even more skills at Plumpton
You’ll be able to develop your brickwork skills and paving at our large landscaping centre.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Practical Horticulture Skills.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Award in the Safe Use of Handheld Hedge Cutters City & Guilds NPTC Level 2
- Basic Brickwork One day course
- Computer Aided Design Course 2 - Vectorworks
- Computer Aided Design Course 3 - Vectorworks
- Computer Aided Design Course 1 Vectorworks
- Drawing Course for Garden Designers Plumpton College Certificate
- Further Brickwork One day course
- Garden Design Taster Day
- Garden Design Professional Diploma
- Garden Design One Design Principles
- Garden Design Three Garden visits, planting design and plans
- Garden Design Two Practical - surveying your garden and planting design
- Garden Fencing One day course
- Paving Slabs and Block Paving One day course
- Practical Horticulture RHS Level 3 Certificate
- Practical Horticulture Skills RHS Level 2 Certificate
- Practical Horticulture Skills City & Guilds level 1 Certificate
- Practical Horticulture Skills (Flourish) City & Guilds level 1 Award
- Practical Horticulture Skills (Garden Design) City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma
- Principles of Plant Growth, Propagation and Development RHS Level 2 Certificate
- Wood Working for Landscapers One day course