City & Guilds level 1 Certificate
Our Part-time City & Guilds practical courses in Horticulture are designed to allow for progression from a Level 1 introductory short course through to a full Level 2 Diploma in Practical Horticulture.
The Level 1 Award is useful for those wishing to find out if Horticulture may be an interesting career route.
With the Level 1 Certificate the student can progress further into a wider scope of horticultural techniques.
This half year course is designed to introduce students and further develop any previous knowledge to prepare students for level 2 courses and to become garden assistants in the work place.
Topics covered will include plant propergation, plant establishment, plant maintenance and plant identification.
Course code: HOP050 (September start)
Course code: HOP051 (February start)
|Entry Requirements:|| |
No entry requirements but you must have an interest in the subject.
Steel toe capped books are required for this course.
|Dates & Location:|| |
1 day a week
Learning Level: Level 1
Our horticulture facilities at Plumpton are pretty impressive. In fact you’ll get to experience one of the finest natural locations in the country, perfect for developing your creativity. Whether indoors or outdoors, you’ll be able to build your skills in an excellent environment.
- Discover our extensively planted areas on-site at Plumpton
As you build your knowledge, you’ll be able to gain a wide experience of being able to identify and maintain different plants.
- Experience our endangered plant collections at first hand
You’ll be able to experience our Black Poplars and National collection of Hebes, in addition to our endangered plant network connection with Kew Gardens.
- Grow plants all year round here
We’ve got an excellent large area under glass where you’ll be able to grow plants without the risk of the weather, up to a commercial level.
- Build even more skills at Plumpton
You’ll be able to develop your brickwork skills and paving at our large landscaping centre.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Practical Horticulture Skills.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- An Introduction to Drawing Plants and Flowers Plumpton College Certificate
- Award in the Safe Use of Handheld Hedge Cutters City & Guilds NPTC Level 2
- Basic Brickwork One day course
- Computer Aided Design Course 2 - Vectorworks
- Computer Aided Design Course 3 - Vectorworks
- Computer Aided Design Course 1 Vectorworks
- Drawing Course for Garden Designers Plumpton College Certificate
- Further Brickwork One day course
- Garden Design Taster Day
- Garden Design Professional Diploma
- Garden Design One Design Principles
- Garden Design Three Garden visits, planting design and plans
- Garden Design Two Practical - surveying your garden and planting design
- Garden Fencing One day course
- Paving Slabs and Block Paving One day course
- Practical Horticulture RHS Level 3 Certificate
- Practical Horticulture Skills City & Guilds level 2 Diploma
- Practical Horticulture Skills RHS Level 2 Certificate
- Practical Horticulture Skills (Flourish) City & Guilds level 1 Award
- Practical Horticulture Skills (Garden Design) City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma
- Practical Horticulture Skills - Propergation City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate
- Principles of Horticulture RHS Level 2 Certificate
- Wood Working for Landscapers One day course