City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma
Get support with a new career in horticulture with our Level 2 diploma
Our Level 2 Diploma in Practical Horticulture has been designed to provide you with the prerequisite knowledge and skills to be work ready for employment or progression to our Level 3 Technical Extended Diploma in Horticulture.
Whether you have a passion for propagation, designing garden spaces or looking to build your understanding of plant/soil science, this course will give you the opportunity to learn through practical experience and assignment based work.
You will be studying on our Plumpton College Campus for 3 days a week, and will also be expected to take part in a work experience placement in the Horticulture industry.
- Assess soil texture and condition
- Care for a planted area
- Plant a container for seasonal display
- Prune deciduous spring-flowering shrubs
- Maintain indoor plants
- Plant out plants in rows
- Harvesting Plants
- Maintain indoor crops
- Propagate plants indoors from seed
- Sow seeds outdoors by hand
- Propagate plants by stem cuttings
- Leaf and leaf petiole cuttings
We offer impartial careers guidance to all of our students, email firstname.lastname@example.org to explore your next step or to book an appointment – we’re here to help.
|Dates & Location||
1 Year Course
- You’ll need to have achieved 2 or more GCSEs between Grade 9-3 (previous grade structure grades A*-D)
- Successful completion of a Level 1 course, having studied English, Maths and Science at GCSE Level
Mature students without the above requirements will be considered
Apply for on-site accommodation
As demand is high, we recommend that you apply as early as possible to help with our planning and room allocation process.
Hire our equine facilities
Discover our facilities available to hire, including indoor and outdoor schools and mechanical horse
Plumpton College Talent Bank
Are you looking to do an apprenticeship but don’t yet have an employer?
Register with our Apprenticeship Talent Bank Service for up to date information on our latest vacancies and forthcoming apprenticeship events.