Prepare and use hand held pesticides applicators
This course enables students to prepare and use hand held pesticides applicators. Including nozzle selection, calibration and safe operation.
- Environmental risks
- Legal and safety requirements
- Interpretation of the label
- Preparation and maintenance of the knapsack sprayer
- Nozzle types and uses
- Filling and mixing procedures
- Safe spraying application
- Application record sheets
- Cleaning and storage procedures
- Safe disposal of unwanted pesticides
- Coveralls; type 3,4 or 5 & 6 as per code of practice
- Face shield; full face protection
- Nitrile gloves (minimum of 0.5mm thickness and 300mm long) as per code of practice
- Wellington or full legength water repellent boots with a good grip and must have steel toe cap
- Calculator (not on a mobile phone)
- Stop watch
- Notepad and Pen
Course reference: PEP008
|Entry Requirements:|| |
The entry requirements for the course are: PA1 Safe use of pesticides.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Monday 17th- Tuesday 18th July 2017
Tuesday 5th September- Wednesday 6th September 2017
Tuesday 10th October- Wednesday 11th October 2017
Tuesday 31st October- Wednesday 1st November 2017
Tuesday 28th November- Wednesday 29th November 2017
Wednesday 3rd January- Thursday 4th January 2018
Monday 22nd January- Tuesday 23rd January 2018
Tuesday 6th February- Wednesday 7th January 2018
Tuesday 6th March- Wednesday 7th March 2018
Tuesday 10th April- Wednesday 11th April 2018
Tuesday 24th April- Wednesday 25th April 2018
Thursday 10th May- Friday 11th May 2018
Tuesday 5th June- Wednesday 6th June 2018
Monday 31st July 2017
2 days plus a separate assessment day.
£275 plus a £139 mandatory exam fee.
Come and discover our excellent agriculture facilities at Plumpton - set in the backdrop of the beautiful South Downs. You’ll find the latest state of the art equipment plus all the different types of farmland for you to experience here at Plumpton.
- Lots of space for you to work in
Our 780-hectare commercial farming estate gives you the opportunity to experience different livestock and arable farming.
- The latest equipment for you to discover
We’ve got a modern 300 cow dairy unit complete with 36:36 Herringbone milking parlour where you’ll gain hands-on experience.
- An extensive range of livestock for you to experience
You’ll get to work with our Sussex beef cattle, sow pig unit plus our extensively managed flock of 550 sheep.
- The perfect environment for you to study
You’ll enjoy practical lessons where you’ll gain hands-on farming experience in our modern classrooms and farming sites.
- NPTC PA6AW Hand Held Application In or Near Water with Hydraulic Nozzle
- NPTC PA6INJ Hand Held Application Using Injection Equipment
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in PA6A Knapsack Sprayer - Hydraulic Nozzle.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Hand Blade Sheep Shearing Three day course
- Keeping Laying Hens at Home One day course
- Lambing Practical (Netherfield) One day course
- Lambing Practical (Plumpton) One day course
- Livestock Transport (Short Journeys) NPTC Certificate
- Managing a Beef Herd One day course
- PA1 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides NPTC Level 2
- PA2 Ground Crop Sprayer - Hydraulic Nozzle NPTC Award
- PA3 Air Assisted Sprayer - Mounted or Trailed Preparation and maintenance of the sprayer
- PA4S Operating Mounted or Trailed Slug Pellet Applicators NPTC
- PA6AW - Hand Held Application In or Near Water with Hydraulic Nozzle NPTC
- PA6INJ - Hand Held Application Using Injection Equipment NPTC
- Safe Use of Aluminium Phosphide for Vertebrate Pest Control NPTC Level 2 Award
- Safe Use of Pesticides for Vertebrate Pest Control for Rats & Mice NPTC Level 2 Award
- Safe use of Sheep Dips NPTC Level 2 Award
- Sheep Handling One day course
- Sheep Shearing for Beginners and Improvers Three day course