This course will cover legislation, preparation and maintenance of the sprayer, as well as nozzle selection, calibration and safe operation.
The training will based on the use of a tractor mounted Boom Sprayer.
- Legal requirements
- Environmental risks
- Understanding the label
- Set up and efficiency of air system
- Applicator controls and components
- Preparation of prime mover and equipment
- Safe driving
- Nozzle identification/ uses
- Mechanical defects
- Measuring and mixing pesticides
- Sprayer application
- Completion of application record sheets
- Cleaning and storage procedures
- Coveralls; type 3,4 or 5 & 6 as per code of practice
- Face shield; full face protection
- Wellington or full length water repellent boots with a good grip and must have steel toe cap
- Calculator (not on a mobile phone)
- Stop watch
- Notepad and Pen
- Nitrile gloves (minimum of 0.5mm thickness and 300mm long) as per code of practice
Course reference: PEP010
|Entry Requirements:|| |
PA1 - As this is a short and very intense course, we cannot include tractor driving training. Therefore candidates for this unit must either hold a tractor driving certificate or be a regular and competent tractor driver.
|Dates & Location:|| |
12th - 13th November 2018
2 days plus a separate assessment day
£546 (including mandatory exam fee).
Come and discover our excellent agriculture facilities at Plumpton - set in the backdrop of the beautiful South Downs. You’ll find the latest state of the art equipment plus all the different types of farmland for you to experience here at Plumpton.
- Lots of space for you to work in
Our 780-hectare commercial farming estate gives you the opportunity to experience different livestock and arable farming.
- The latest equipment for you to discover
We’ve got a modern 300 cow dairy unit complete with 36:36 Herringbone milking parlour where you’ll gain hands-on experience.
- An extensive range of livestock for you to experience
You’ll get to work with our Sussex beef cattle, sow pig unit plus our extensively managed flock of 550 sheep.
- The perfect environment for you to study
You’ll enjoy practical lessons where you’ll gain hands-on farming experience in our modern classrooms and farming sites.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in PA2 Ground Crop Sprayer - Hydraulic Nozzle.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Competence in the Safe and Responsible Use of Veterinary Medicines NPTC Level 2
- Lambing Practical (Plumpton) One day course
- Livestock Transport (Short Journeys) NPTC Certificate
- PA1 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides NPTC
- PA3 Air Assisted Sprayer - Mounted or Trailed Preparation and maintenance of the sprayer
- PA4S Operating Mounted or Trailed Slug Pellet Applicators NPTC
- PA6A Knapsack Sprayer - Hydraulic Nozzle Prepare and use hand held pesticides applicators
- PA6AW - Hand Held Application In or Near Water with Hydraulic Nozzle NPTC
- PA6INJ - Hand Held Application Using Injection Equipment NPTC
- Safe Use of Pesticides for Vertebrate Pest Control for Rats & Mice NPTC Level 2 Award
- Sheep Handling One day course
- Sheep Shearing for Beginners and Improvers Three day course