2 Day Course
This programme can be offered at either Basic (8 hours) or Intermediate (16 hours). Leading groups of people in remote areas or participating in any outdoor activities can bring with it unknown hazards. Common injuries sustained in the outdoors range from simple cuts and grazes to broken limbs, head and back injuries and hypothermia. Being prepared to deal with any emergency should always form part of your emergency plan and you should be prepared to deal effectively with first aid related incidents when working in this environment. Delays in emergency services attendance times, lack of effective communication and difficulty in evacuation of casualties all present additional problems for the first aider when working outdoors. The focus of the WorkSafe First Aid for Outdoor Activities programme is to address these issues. Students receive training to provide first aid for longer periods than would be expected in more urban environments.
|Entry Requirements:|| |
There are no specific entry requirements
|Dates & Location:|| |
7th & 8th November 2017
6th & 7th February 2018
3rd & 4th April 2018
8th & 9th May 2018
5th & 6th June 2018
Time: 09:00- 17:00
2 day course
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Outdoor First Aid- Intermediate.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Advanced First Aid and Casualty Management (FREC) Qualsafe First Response Emergency Care Level 3
- An Income from your Kitchen Evening course
- Basic Life Support & AED Half day course
- Emergency First Aid at Work One day course
- Emergency First Aid for Work for Horticulture Operations (HSE Approved) WorkSafe
- Emergency First Aid for Work in Forestry Operations WorkSafe
- Emergency First Aid for Work in Schools One day course
- First Aid at Work WorkSafe
- First Aid at Work Requalification Worksafe
- Food Hygiene Level 2
- Livestock Transport (Short Journeys) NPTC Certificate
- Paediatric & Early Years First Aid 2 Day Course