Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
Level 2 Diploma City & Guilds
Ignite your passion for motor vehicle repair with this course.
This Level 2 Diploma covers all of the light vehicle service aspects, focusing on efficient replacement of key components to industry standards. Students will discover the functions of the complex systems within today’s vehicles and how these systems integrate with each other to operate to the manufacturer’s specification
- Tools, equipment and materials
- Introduction to the retail car maintenance and repair industry
- Engine systems components and operation
- Engine cooling and lubrication
- Steering and suspension systems
- Braking systems
- Routine maintenance processes and procedures
- Maintenance of wheels and tyres
- Exhaust systems
- Vehicle lighting system
- Health and safety
Study programmes include a minimum of compulsory work experience hours achieved through one day a week or block placements. The amount of hours required is dependent on the study programme.
We offer impartial careers guidance to all of our students, email firstname.lastname@example.org to explore your next step or to book an appointment – we’re here to help.
Industry Work Placement
All students aged 16-18 on our Level 2 & Level 3 programmes will now have to take part in an exciting and compulsory 50-day industry placement programme alongside completion of their vocational course. The programme will give you the chance to gain valuable skills in a real working environment whilst being paired with your ideal employer.
Our mission is to pair students with their ideal employer and to support them continuously during the placement.
There is flexibility on how students complete the placement; it can be during non-college weekdays, weekends, in blocks or over the holiday period. You will receive all of the necessary information during your interview, and if you have any queries in the meantime please contact email@example.com
|Dates & Location||
1 Year, full-time
3 Days per week in college
1 Day per week in industry/work experience (180 hours)
£150 for materials
- You'll need to have achieved 2 or more GCSEs between grade 9-5 (previous grade structure A*-C)
- Successful completion of a related Level 1 course, having studied English and Maths at GCSE level
Mature students without the above requirements will be considered.
You can go on to study Level 3 Light Advanced Technical Diploma in the Automotive Industry or be employed as:
- Mobile service Technician
- Service Technician
- Parts/Stores person
- Apprentice Trainee Technician:
- Apprentice/ Trainee Parts Person
- Service Manager
- Manager Workshop/Service