Level 2 IMI Light Vehicle Service and Repair
If you're a school leaver or looking for a sounds understanding of car mechanics, this is the course for you. You'll discover all the latest technical needs that you'll need for the motor vehicle repair industry including diagnosis or non-complex system faults.
This course if particularly ideal id you're a Service Technician working on cars or vans in all types of car dealerships and maintenance depots.
You can look forward to a varied programme of modules that also includes a work placement. In addition, you'll gain a broad understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace and all the skills you'll need to work in a garage. You'll also continue your English and Maths up to GCSE level. Modules include:
- Carrying out routine vehicle maintenance
- Chassis units and components
- Electrical auxiliary units and components
- Removing and replacing engine units and components.
You'll be able to study for your Welding Introduction and Grinding/Abrasive Wheels Certificate (which is essential)
|Entry Requirements:|| |
1 year, 3 days per week, full-time
- Modern, fully equipped workshops
- Two ramps per workshop
- A range of vehicles for you to work on
- Latest equipment to help you complete your studies around Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair syllabus
- Fully equipped welding shop
By completing this course, you'll be able to go on to complete a Level 3 course in Motor Vehicle or Agricultural Mechanisation. Alternatively, it's a great case for you to go into employment withing vehicle servicing and maintenance.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Motor Vehicle.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.