If you're looking for a sound basis to start your motor vehicle studies, this is the course for you. You will learn practical skills and theory and understand the importance of working in a safe workshop environment. The course runs alongside your own GCSE study.
You can look forward to a varied programme of modules that also includes a work placement. Modules include:
- Spark ignition system maintenance
- Tools, equipment and materials for vehicle maintenance
- Vehicle driveline maintenance
- Vehicle electrical foundation skills
- Vehicle lighting system maintenance.
|Entry Requirements:|| |
Electively Home Educated
2 years, part-time
1 day per week
I chose this course because I wanted to learn more about cars as it is something I am interested in. I particularly like the practical side of the course and I learn something different every week. I am going to stay at Plumpton College to study Level 2 Vehicle Maintenance. For the future I would like to be a mechanic and start my career within the motor industry.
- Students usually come into college at age 14 and are on a two year programme. On successful completion of this they are then in a position to apply for a place on the 16+ full time study programmes. Towards the end of the second year this is discussed with students as part of the progression tutorials.
- On applying for a 16+ course students will be required to attend an interview for the course and will be processed as a new applicant.
- Once students are a 16+ programme they are also in a position to apply for bursaries to support learning, travel etc.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.