If you're looking for a sound basis to start your motor vehicle studies, this is the course for you. You will learn practical skills and theory and understand the importance of working in a safe workshop environment. The course runs alongside your own GCSE study.
You can look forward to a varied programme of modules that also includes a work placement. Modules include:
- Spark ignition system maintenance
- Tools, equipment and materials for vehicle maintenance
- Vehicle driveline maintenance
- Vehicle electrical foundation skills
- Vehicle lighting system maintenance.
2 years, part-time
1 day per week
I chose this course because I wanted to learn more about cars as it is something I am interested in. I particularly like the practical side of the course and I learn something different every week. I am going to stay at Plumpton College to study Level 2 Vehicle Maintenance. For the future I would like to be a mechanic and start my career within the motor industry.
- Modern, fully equipped workshops
- Two ramps per workshop
- A range of vehicles for you to work on
- Latest equipment to help you complete your studies around Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair syllabus
- Fully equipped welding shop
By completing this course, you'll be able to go on to complete a Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle, Service and Repair Principles, Apprenticeship or employment.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.