This course is designed for those in full-time paid employment in the Motor Vehicle Repair Industry.
Both your work placement and one day in college will cover all aspects of the apprenticeship and allow you to further develop your knowledge and skills. The apprenticeship enables you to learn maintenance and repair of all aspects of motor vehicle including engine systems, transmissions, steering, brakes, suspensions and electrical systems.
The Framework includes:
- Occupational qualification- City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Competence
- Functional skills in English, Maths and ICT Level 1
- Employment rights and responsibilities
- Personal learning and thinking skills
- Light Vehicle
Course reference: VMA001
Phone: 01273 892030
|Entry Requirements:|| |
Before applying for this course you must have an employer who would like to take you on as an apprentice.
If you are still looking for an employer, keep an eye on our careers page
|Dates & Location:|| |
Three starting points – September, January and May
Fridays for 15 months
Non-levy paying employers will share the cost of training and assessing their apprentices with government - this is called ‘co-investment’.
From May 2017, you will pay 10% towards to the cost of apprenticeship training and government will pay the rest (90%), up to the funding band maximum.
- Modern, fully equipped workshops
- Two ramps per workshop
- A range of vehicles for you to work on
- Latest equipment to help you complete your studies around Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair syllabus
- Fully equipped welding shop
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Motor Vehicle Apprenticeship.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.