Metalsmithing is an important skill, very much in demand in a number of industries.
This one-year programme, suitable for school leavers, will give students the skills needed to be able to work within the Metalsmithing industry.
The programme naturally provides progression on to the Level 3 Diploma/Extended Diploma in Metalworking where these skills will be even further developed.
Level 2 Diploma: you complete all 6 subjects
- BTEC First at the level studied (outlined above)
- Plumpton College Certificate
- Additional work related qualifications
- College award, Functional Skills or GCSEs in English and maths
|Entry Requirements:|| |
Mature students without the above requirements will be considered
|Dates & Location:|| |
1 year, full-time
3 days per week
I've now completed my Level 2 course and I'm in my final year of Level 3 Extended Diploma. I particularly enjoy drawing and designing and making useful things.
My favourite part about Level 3 has been experimenting at the forge with new connection techniques.
Following satisfactory completion of the programme, students may progress on to the BTEC Level 3 Certificate, Subsidiary Diploma (1 year), Diploma (1
year) or Extended Diploma (2 years)
- Start their own metalsmithing workshop
- Apprentice Vehicle restorer
- Sheet metalworker
- Apprentice to a Jeweller
- Apprentice Silversmith
- Apprentice to a Swordsmith
- Apprentice to a Gunsmith
- Working as a Blacksmith
- Forgework Preparation, Processes, Techniques and Safe Working
- Forgework Construction Tools, Techniques and Safe Working
- 2D Visual Communication
- 3D Design Briefs - Product Design
- 3D Design Crafts Briefs - Jewellery
- Application of Welding Processes
- Working with Blacksmithing Specifications and Calculations
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Blacksmithing and Metalwork.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.