Level 1 Introductory Qualification
This new level 1 course is a customised programme that gives you a taste of creating, maintaining and constructing objects that can be applied to an engineering setting, You'll get the chance to use our excellent workshop facilities within our 800 hectares of land set in the South Downs.
- Metalworking- Working with tools including bench work and carrying out activities in the forge area. This will involve instructions for forgework preparation, process techniques and safe working.
- Land-based machinery- You will be introduced to important topics in land-based technology such as repairing and servicing servicing engines and components on land-based machinery and equipment.
- Welding and Fabrication- Learning skills in marking out, cutting. forming and joining sheet and plate materials together. You will get the opportunity to use industrial standard equipment such as Electric Arc Welders as part of the programme.
|Entry Requirements:|| |
2 GCSE Grades level 2-1 OR
Completion of Rural Pathways programme and a strong interest in the area.
Mature students with out the above requirements will be considered.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Start: January & September
Location: Plumpton College
3 Days per week
Learning Level 1
- We’ve made sure that our metalsmithing and blacksmithing facilities are first class here at Plumpton; investing heavily in state of the art equipment in our workshop for you to use.
- You’ll work closely with your tutors as you develop your skills in design, drawing, metalworking and silver jewellery.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Metalworking, Land-based Technology & Welding.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.