A variety of great metalworking courses
There’s been a real demand growing for metalsmithing recently, so if it’s an area of interest for you, there’s certainly lots of exciting opportunities available here at Plumpton.
Maybe metalwork is an area that you really enjoyed at school, or perhaps you’re already working in the industry and want to develop your skills further. We have a range of flexible courses that will fit in with your life.
You’ll be able to learn the traditional skill of forging and fabrication to create metalwork and silver jewellery. You’ll also be able to join many of the Plumpton students who enter competitions both within the College and locally.
- Creative Metalcrafts Level 1
- Creative Metalworking Foundation degree
Short Courses and Bespoke
- Advanced Metalsmithing Plumpton College Certificate
- Introduction to Welding Evening course
- Beginners Metalsmithing Plumpton College Certificate
- Intermediate Metalsmithing Plumpton College Certificate
- Silver Jewellery Making Evening course
- Introductory Metal Inert Gas (MIG) City & Guilds Level 1 Award
- Introductory Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) Welding City & Guilds Level 1 Award
- Introductory Manual Metal Arc (MMA) Welding City & Guilds Level 1 Award
- Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) Welding City & Guilds Level 2 Award
- Metalsmithing Management Training for the Self-Employed Plumpton College Certificate
- Metal Inert Gas (MIG) Welding City & Guilds Level 2 Award
- Introduction to Jewellery Making Evening course
- We’ve made sure that our metalsmithing and blacksmithing facilities are first class here at Plumpton; investing heavily in state of the art equipment in our workshop for you to use.
- You’ll work closely with your tutors as you develop your skills in design, drawing, metalworking and silver jewellery.