City & Guilds Level 2 Award
This course is designed to lead on from the Level 1 MIG Welding and develop those skills recognised in industry.
- Health & Safety relating to MIG Welding;
- Producing a butt weld in the PA flat position;
- Producing a lap fillet weld in the vertical position;
- Producing a tee fillet in the vertical position;
- Producing a butt weld in the vertical position;
- Producing a tube-to-plate tee fillet weld in the PB horizontal/vertical position.
Course code: Code: WEP003
|Entry Requirements:|| |
Level 1 Welding qualification.
Students must wear overalls and steel toe capped boots.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Date: 21st May- 2nd July 2018
Time: 09:15- 16:15
Location: Plumpton College
7 weeks during term time
Learning Level: Level 1
- We’ve made sure that our metalsmithing and blacksmithing facilities are first class here at Plumpton; investing heavily in state of the art equipment in our workshop for you to use.
- You’ll work closely with your tutors as you develop your skills in design, drawing, metalworking and silver jewellery.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Metal Inert Gas (MIG) Welding.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Advanced Metalsmithing Plumpton College Certificate
- Beginners Metalsmithing Plumpton College Certificate
- Intermediate Metalsmithing Plumpton College Certificate
- Introduction to Jewellery Making Evening course
- Introduction to Welding Evening course
- Introductory Manual Metal Arc (MMA) Welding City & Guilds Level 1 Award
- Introductory Metal Inert Gas (MIG) City & Guilds Level 1 Award
- Introductory Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) Welding City & Guilds Level 1 Award
- Metalsmithing Management Training for the Self-Employed Plumpton College Certificate
- Silver Jewellery Making Evening course
- Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) Welding City & Guilds Level 2 Award