One day course
Introduction for anyone looking into managing a beef herd. Ideal for anyone who is interested in starting their own beef herd. No previous experience needed.
Covers equipment, feed and keeping herd records. Includes a visit to beef on the farm.
- Holding Number
- Herd Number
- Cattle Identification Rules
- Record Keeping and Health Plans
- Beef Production Systems
- Grazing and Winter Forage.
- Equipment and Housing.
- Outlets for Store/Finished Beef.
Course reference: AGP017
|Entry Requirements:|| |
There are no entry requirements for this course.
|Dates & Location:|| |
12th November 2016 Ivyland Farm, Netherfield
This course runs on a Saturday from 09:00 to 16:30
Come and discover our excellent agriculture facilities at Plumpton - set in the backdrop of the beautiful South Downs. You’ll find the latest state of the art equipment plus all the different types of farmland for you to experience here at Plumpton.
- Lots of space for you to work in
Our 780-hectare commercial farming estate gives you the opportunity to experience different livestock and arable farming.
- The latest equipment for you to discover
We’ve got a modern 300 cow dairy unit complete with 36:36 Herringbone milking parlour where you’ll gain hands-on experience.
- An extensive range of livestock for you to experience
You’ll get to work with our Sussex beef cattle, sow pig unit plus our extensively managed flock of 550 sheep.
- The perfect environment for you to study
You’ll enjoy practical lessons where you’ll gain hands-on farming experience in our modern classrooms and farming sites.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Managing a Beef Herd.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Ground Crop Sprayer - Hydraulic Nozzle (PA2) NPTC Award
- Hand Blade Sheep Shearing Three day course
- Keeping Laying Hens at Home One day course
- Lambing Practical (Netherfield) One day course
- Lambing Practical (Plumpton) One day course
- Livestock Transport (Short Journeys) NPTC Certificate
- Operating Mounted or Trailed Slug Pellet Applicators PA4S NPTC
- PA3 - Air Assisted Sprayer - Mounted or Trailed Preparation and maintenance of the sprayer
- PA6A - Knapsack Sprayer - Hydraulic Nozzle Prepare and use hand held pesticides applicators
- PA6AW - Hand Held Application In or Near Water with Hydraulic Nozzle NPTC
- PA6INJ - Hand Held Application Using Injection Equipment NPTC
- Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides (PA1) NPTC Level 2
- Safe Use of Aluminium Phosphide for Vertebrate Pest Control NPTC Level 2 Award
- Safe Use of Pesticides for Vertebrate Pest Control for Rats & Mice NPTC Level 2 Award
- Safe use of Sheep Dips NPTC Level 2 Award
- Sheep Handling One day course
- Sheep Shearing for Beginners and Improvers Three day course