Plumpton College Certificate
This theory based class is suitable for people who are interested in better understanding their dog or those who are keen to expand their knowledge of dogs in general. It is a good starting point for those who are looking to start or further their career in the canine industries.
Students will learn about:
- Canine evolution, domestication, canine roles and breed traits
- Puppy development and support
- Learning theory and how this affects training
- Training methods and techniques
- Factors that affect canine behaviour
- Legal factors
- Equipment for training
- Common behaviour issues and how to improve the behaviours including over excitability reactivity, separation issues, fears and phobias.
|Entry Requirements:|| |
No formal entry requirements
|Dates & Location:|| |
Date: 26th September 2018 – 22nd May 2019
Time: 19:00 - 21:00
- You’ll be able to develop invaluable practical skills at our excellent Animal Management Unit at Plumpton.
- With extensive access to domestic, exotic and small animals, you’ll also spend time working at our equine department too.
- Our Clinical Veterinary Nursing Training Suite will give you experience of working with the latest technological equipment to extend your clinical skills.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Level 3 Canine Behaviour.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Canine Behaviour Plumpton College Level 2 Certificate
- Clinical Coach Training one day course
- Dog Grooming Assistants City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate
- Introduction to Canine Massage Plumpton College Certificate
- Principles Of Dog Grooming Level 1 Plumpton College Certificate
- Principles of Equine Shiatsu Plumpton College Certificate