ILM Level 2 Certificate
This programme has been designed for those who are entering or new to a management role, or who wish to gain a qualification that formally recognises their skills or those who lead a team and are responsible for its performance.
What will I study?
To achieve the ILM Level 2 Certificate Leadership and Team Skills, you need a total of 13 credits. You will get these by studying the following units:
- Developing Yourself as a Team Leader
- Improving the Performance of the Work Team
- Developing the Work Team
- Working within Organisational and Legal Guidelines
- Briefing the Work Team
- Understanding Change in the Workplace
- Planning and Monitoring Work
- Business Improvement Techniques
- Solving problems and making decisions
The duration of this programme is 6 months.
ILM Level 2 Certificate in Leadership & Team Skills £850. Depending on your individual circumstances, we have a number of funded co funded and full cost options.
Why take a Leadership and Management course?
Strong leaders are the core foundation of any successful business. A manager can make or break a team, enhancing or solidifying your leadership skill is crucial to being the best manager you can be.
Studying an Leadership and Management (ILM) qualification will allow you to:
- Understand yourself as a leader
- Understand leadership styles and the effect they have on people
- Use feedback and self-review and reflection to enhance your leadership skills
- Work on your communication skills and ability to align your team with your organisation’s goals and vision
- Learn solid techniques for organising and implementing complex plans and projects
- Build happier and more productive teams
Which Level should I choose?
Level 2 is perfect for you if you are a team leader or potential team leader who needs a solid foundation in management skills. If you are a current team leader, it will help you be more confident in your role. If you are currently part of a team, it will help you make the transition from team member to team leader.
Level 3 is the right choice if you have some management experience as a team leader or first line manager. It will take you from potential management material to respected and efficient leader and help you rise in the ranks.
Level 5 is perfect if you are a middle manager, such as an operations/project manager or department head. It will give you the knowledge and skills you need to take on a senior management role and progress in your career.
What are Awards –Certificates - Diplomas?
Awards are bite-sized qualifications, which will give you in-depth knowledge of a specific, narrow subject area.
Certificates are medium-scope qualifications, which cover essential subject areas in detail.
Diplomas are a full sized qualification, which cover substantial subject areas in detail
ILM are the UK’s largest management body. They are an independent charity that forms part of the City and Guilds group, and set the benchmark for quality in leadership and management.
They combine industry-leading qualifications with specialist member services, and their focus is on improving leadership standards in companies of all sizes.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Advanced First Aid and Casualty Management First Response Emergency Care
- Basic Life Support & AED Half day course
- Emergency First Aid at Work One day course
- Emergency First Aid for Work for Horticulture Operations (HSE Approved) WorkSafe
- Emergency First Aid for Work in Forestry Operations WorkSafe
- Emergency First Aid for Work in Schools One day course
- First Aid at Work WorkSafe
- First Aid at Work Requalification Worksafe
- Leadership & Management ILM Level 3 Certificate
- Leadership & Management ILM Level 5 Award
- Leadership & Management ILM Level 5 Certificate
- Leadership & Managment ILM Level 3 Award
- Leadership & Team Skills ILM Level 2 Award
- Outdoor First Aid- Intermediate 2 Day Course
- Paediatric & Early Years First Aid 2 Day Course
- Safe Use and Operation of Mobile Elevated Work Platforms (MEWP) NPTC Level 2 Certificate