ILM Level 2 Award
The Award in Leadership and Team Skills is ideal for practicing team leaders, helping them become more effective and confident in their role. They also support new or aspiring team leaders - helping them make the transition from working in a team to leading a team.
The Award combines distance and class room based learning. You will attend 2 one day sessions at Plumpton Campus and independently complete assignments to gain your Level 2 Award
The Award covers the core competencies of a Team Leading role. You will study the following units: Developing Yourself as a Team Leader, Improving the Performance of the Work Team and Managing yourself.
You will learn the role and responsibilities of the team leader, the organisations requirements in relation to team performance, how to address under performance and the role of motivation in improving performance. You will further learn how to use effective personal time management to achieve team goals, how to manage stress and seek feedback on workplace performance to identify strengths, weaknesses and areas for improvement
|Dates & Location:|| |
Dates: 25th June - 2nd July 2018
Course duration is 2 weeks; learners will attend Plumpton Campus for one day per week and will have an assignment submission deadline of two weeks post course attendance.
Funding maybe available subject to eligibility
Why take a Leadership and Management course?
Strong leaders are the core foundation of any successful business. A manager can make or break a team, enhancing or solidifying your leadership skill is crucial to being the best manager you can be.
Studying an Leadership and Management (ILM) qualification will allow you to:
- Understand yourself as a leader
- Understand leadership styles and the effect they have on people
- Use feedback and self-review and reflection to enhance your leadership skills
- Work on your communication skills and ability to align your team with your organisation’s goals and vision
- Learn solid techniques for organising and implementing complex plans and projects
- Build happier and more productive teams
Which Level should I choose?
Level 2 is perfect for you if you are a team leader or potential team leader who needs a solid foundation in management skills. If you are a current team leader, it will help you be more confident in your role. If you are currently part of a team, it will help you make the transition from team member to team leader.
Level 3 is the right choice if you have some management experience as a team leader or first line manager. It will take you from potential management material to respected and efficient leader and help you rise in the ranks.
Level 5 is perfect if you are a middle manager, such as an operations/project manager or department head. It will give you the knowledge and skills you need to take on a senior management role and progress in your career.
What are Awards –Certificates - Diplomas?
Awards are bite-sized qualifications, which will give you in-depth knowledge of a specific, narrow subject area.
Certificates are medium-scope qualifications, which cover essential subject areas in detail.
Diplomas are a full sized qualification, which cover substantial subject areas in detail
ILM are the UK’s largest management body. They are an independent charity that forms part of the City and Guilds group, and set the benchmark for quality in leadership and management.
They combine industry-leading qualifications with specialist member services, and their focus is on improving leadership standards in companies of all sizes.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Leadership & Team Skills.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Customer Service City & Guilds Level 2 Award
- Emergency First Aid at Work One day course
- Emergency First Aid for Work for Horticulture Operations (HSE Approved) WorkSafe
- Emergency First Aid for Work in Forestry Operations WorkSafe
- First Aid at Work WorkSafe
- Leadership & Management ILM Level 3 Award
- Leadership & Management ILM Level 3 Certificate
- Leadership & Management ILM Level 5 Award
- Leadership & Management ILM Level 5 Certificate
- Leadership & Team Skills ILM Level 2 Certificate
- Outdoor First Aid 2 Day Course