ILM Level 5 Certificate
The ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management Skills is ideal if you are a mid-level manager looking to develop your skills in preparation for a senior management role.
It is also suitable if you've completed the ILM Level 3 Certificate, have experience as a manager, and want to extend your managerial knowledge.
The ILM Level 5 Certificate will build on and broaden the skills you already have, giving you practical techniques to excel as a strong, effective leader. You will focus on:
- Developing your ability to lead, motivate and inspire
- Providing strategic leadership as well as day-to-day management
- Benchmarking your managerial skills
- Raising your profile in your organisation
The course is accredited by ILM, the UK's leading management training organisation, so your qualification will be internationally recognised and well-respected by employers. At 65 guided learning hours, it is the perfect way to demonstrate that you are ready for the next big step in your career.
On the ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management course, you will cover three units:
Unit 1 – Developing Critical Thinking
Unit 2 – Leading Innovation and Change
Unit 3 – Developing Your Leadership Styles
The duration of this programme is 8 months.
ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management £1500. Depending on your individual circumstances, we have a number of funded co funded and full cost options.
Why take a Leadership and Management course?
Strong leaders are the core foundation of any successful business. A manager can make or break a team, enhancing or solidifying your leadership skill is crucial to being the best manager you can be.
Studying an Leadership and Management (ILM) qualification will allow you to:
- Understand yourself as a leader
- Understand leadership styles and the effect they have on people
- Use feedback and self-review and reflection to enhance your leadership skills
- Work on your communication skills and ability to align your team with your organisation’s goals and vision
- Learn solid techniques for organising and implementing complex plans and projects
- Build happier and more productive teams
Which Level should I choose?
Level 2 is perfect for you if you are a team leader or potential team leader who needs a solid foundation in management skills. If you are a current team leader, it will help you be more confident in your role. If you are currently part of a team, it will help you make the transition from team member to team leader.
Level 3 is the right choice if you have some management experience as a team leader or first line manager. It will take you from potential management material to respected and efficient leader and help you rise in the ranks.
Level 5 is perfect if you are a middle manager, such as an operations/project manager or department head. It will give you the knowledge and skills you need to take on a senior management role and progress in your career.
What are Awards –Certificates - Diplomas?
Awards are bite-sized qualifications, which will give you in-depth knowledge of a specific, narrow subject area.
Certificates are medium-scope qualifications, which cover essential subject areas in detail.
Diplomas are a full sized qualification, which cover substantial subject areas in detail
ILM are the UK’s largest management body. They are an independent charity that forms part of the City and Guilds group, and set the benchmark for quality in leadership and management.
They combine industry-leading qualifications with specialist member services, and their focus is on improving leadership standards in companies of all sizes.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Basic Life Support & AED Half day course
- Emergency First Aid at Work One day course
- Emergency First Aid for Work for Horticulture Operations (HSE Approved) WorkSafe
- Emergency First Aid for Work in Forestry Operations WorkSafe
- Emergency First Aid for Work in Schools One day course
- First Aid at Work WorkSafe
- First Aid at Work Requalification Worksafe
- Leadership & Management ILM Level 3 Certificate
- Leadership & Management ILM Level 5 Award
- Leadership & Managment ILM Level 3 Award
- Leadership & Team Skills ILM Level 2 Award
- Leadership & Team Skills ILM Level 2 Certificate
- Manual Handling Plumpton College Certificate
- Outdoor First Aid- Intermediate 2 Day Course
- Safe Use and Operation of Mobile Elevated Work Platforms (MEWP) NPTC Level 2 Certificate
- Working ar Heights & Safe Use of Ladders Plumpton College Certificate