City & Guilds Level 1 Award
MIG welding is commonly used to weld a wide variety of heavy steel applications and more delicate, thin metals for example: cars and machinery.
- Producing beads on plates;
- Lap fillet;
- Tee fillet;
- Corner welds;
- Health & Safety.
Course code: Code: WEP003
|Entry Requirements:|| |
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Students must wear overalls and steel toe capped boots.
|Dates & Location:|| |
11th January- 3rd May 2018
Time: 18:00- 21:00
Location: Plumpton College
Learning Level: Level 1
- We’ve made sure that our metalsmithing and blacksmithing facilities are first class here at Plumpton; investing heavily in state of the art equipment in our workshop for you to use.
- You’ll work closely with your tutors as you develop your skills in design, drawing, metalworking and silver jewellery.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Introductory Metal Inert Gas (MIG).
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Advanced Metalsmithing Plumpton College Certificate
- Beginners Metalsmithing Plumpton College Certificate
- Intermediate Metalsmithing Plumpton College Certificate
- Introduction to Jewellery Making Evening course
- Introduction to Welding Evening course
- Introductory Manual Metal Arc (MMA) Welding City & Guilds Level 1 Award
- Introductory Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) Welding City & Guilds Level 1 Award
- Metal Inert Gas (MIG) Welding City & Guilds Level 2 Award
- Metalsmithing Management Training for the Self-Employed Plumpton College Certificate
- Silver Jewellery Making Evening course
- Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) Welding City & Guilds Level 2 Award