City & Guilds Level 1 Award
Arc welding requires a fair degree of skill but the equipment is relatively cheap, robust and welds can be very strong. Suitable for heavy steel fabrication or on site repairs.
- Producing beads on plates;
- Lap fillet;
- Tee fillet;
- Corner welds;
- Health & Safety
Course code: WEP004
|Entry Requirements:|| |
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Students are required to wear overalls and steel toe capped boots.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Time: 18:00- 21:00
Location: Plumpton College
- We’ve made sure that our metalsmithing and blacksmithing facilities are first class here at Plumpton; investing heavily in state of the art equipment in our workshop for you to use.
- You’ll work closely with your tutors as you develop your skills in design, drawing, metalworking and silver jewellery.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Introductory Manual Metal Arc (MMA) Welding.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Beginners Metalsmithing Plumpton College Certificate
- Intermediate Metalsmithing Plumpton College Certificate
- Introduction to Welding Evening course
- Introductory Metal Inert Gas (MIG) City & Guilds Level 1 Award
- Introductory Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) Welding City & Guilds Level 1 Award
- Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) Welding City & Guilds Level 2 Award