WineSkills Masterclass with Justin Howard Sneyd MW
Everyone will tell you that you must have a Direct to Consumer Strategy, but what does this mean in practice? We will cover everything you need to know; from selling better at the cellar door to capturing the right customer details and how to build a profitable long-term relationship.
Should you start a wine club? What kind of benefits should your members expect? How can you use events to cement your relationship? Do you really need to bother with social media?
Justin left full time employment as Laithwaite’s Global Wine Director in early 2013 to start his own consulting business, with Laithwaite’s signed up as a major client. He heads up the advisory panel for the Global Wine Database, and acts as Wine Consultant to the Masala World Group, whose restaurants include Chutney Mary, Veeraswamy and Amaya. He sits on the council of the Institute of Masters of Wine, and recently served as a committee member on the IMW Endowment Fund Auction, which raised £1.2 million, as well as advising a number of private clients and wine producers.
Prior to joining Laithwaite’s, Justin spent 14 years as a wine buyer in the UK off-trade, including stints at supermarket chains Safeway and Sainsbury’s. This culminated in almost five years in charge of the wine department at Waitrose, where he led the team that garnered so many awards. In his early life, he worked in wine shops, ran a wine school, and worked as a cellar-hand and assistant winemaker in four different countries.
Since 2007, Justin has produced his own wine (www.domaineofthebee.com) from 4 hectares of vines in the Roussillon region of the South of France, near the village of Maury. In 2015, he also launched his own, gold medal winning English sparkling wine – Hart of Gold (www.hart-of-gold.co.uk). He sells these wines direct to an enthusiastic audience of wine club members
|Entry Requirements:|| |
WineSkills Business Masterclasses are best suited for people involved with marketing and sales
|Dates & Location:|| |
Date: 10th July 2018
Time: 10:00 - 16:15
This course is held offsite at Institute of Masters of Wine, 6 Riverlight Quay London SW11 8EA.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in How to make more money by selling direct.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Advanced Online Selling for Wine Producers WineSkills Scheduled Business Workshop
- Blending and Tirage WineSkills Oenology Scheduled Workshop
- Canopy Management WineSkills viticulture scheduled workshop
- Filtration & Clarification WineSkills Oenology Scheduled Workshop
- Grapes, Ferment and Malolactic Management WineSkills Scheduled Winery Workshop
- Introduction to Online Selling for Wine Producers WineSkills Scheduled Business Workshop
- Judging Sparkling Wine WineSkills scheduled wine tasting workshop
- Packaging WineSkills Oenology Scheduled Workshop
- Practical vineyard skills WineSkills
- Protecting Your Vines from Downy Mildew - with Dr Peter Spencer-Philips & Chris Cooper WineSkills Masterclass
- Pruning to Maximise Fruit Quality & Vine Health WineSkills Masterclass with Dr Alain Deloire
- PW120 Grapegrowing and Winemaking WSET Diploma: Unit 2
- PW205 Wines of the World 2 WSET Diploma: Unit 3
- PW221 Spirits, Beer and Cider WSET Diploma: Unit 4
- Vine Disease Management WineSkills Viticulture Scheduled workshop
- Vine Nutrition WineSkills Scheduled vineyard workshop
- Vine Planting & Establishment WineSkills viticulture scheduled workshop
- Vineyard Floor Management WineSkills Scheduled Vineyard Workshop
- Vineyard Occupational Health & Safety WineSkills Scheduled vineyard workshop
- Wine Maturation and Stabilisation WineSkills Scheduled Winery Workshop
- Wine Sensory Evaluation WineSkills scheduled Winery Workshop
- Wines and Spirits WSET Level 2 Award
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing Intensive 1 week course
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing All Sessions (extensive)
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking Extensive
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking Intensive 1 week course
- Winter Pruning WineSkills Viticulture Scheduled Workshop
- WSET Award in Wines Level 3 Award
- WSET Award in Wines WSET Level 4 Diploma