RHS Level 2 Certificate
COMPLETE YOUR RHS LEVEL 2 DIPLOMA AT PLUMPTON COLLEGE
RHS have produced theory based qualifications for those wanting a route to employment in professional horticulture or further personal interest. Designed to be studied individually on a part-time basis they're flexible to any schedule. The RHS Level 2 Diploma is awarded to those that who successfully achieve in both the theory based examinations and the practical based assessments.
THESE RHS COURSES ARE SUITABLE FOR:
- Those wishing to enter horticultural employment for the first time;
- For those who are already working in horticulture who want to develop their skills;
- And for those who wish to progress to further horticultural study at level 3.
- It is also suitable for those who wish to enter horticulture as a change of career and are seeking the necessary foundation skills.
RHS Principles of Garden Planning, Establishment and Maintenance
This theory based qualification provides a comprehensive understanding of the principles that underpin professional practices and theories which support horticulture techniques. Each Unit is assessed by written examinations at the end of your course.
Face to face teaching at Stanmer Campus.
- Garden planning;
- Plant selection, establishment and maintenance;
- Vegetable and fruit production,
- Growing under Protected environments.
RHS Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Horticulture are awarded upon completion of both RHS theory courses.
- Principles of Garden Planning, Establishment and Maintenance
- Principles of Plant Growth, Propagation and Development
Please do not delay your booking – to guarantee your place, please book at your earliest convenience.
There is no requirement for previous knowledge or experience needed for entry to the qualifications, although we strongly recommend you undertake the Certificate in Plant Growth, Propagation and Development prior to this certificate as the underpinning knowledge gained there will be applied in this qualification.
A keen interest and enthusiasm is, of course, key to success.
|Dates & Location:||
September 2022 - Dates TBC
Stanmer Campus - One Garden Brighton
1 day per week
To gain the RHS Level 2 Diploma students must complete all 3 elements, including theory and practical:
- RHS Theory Principles of Garden Planning, Establishment and Maintenance
- RHS Theory Principles of Plant Growth, Propagation and Development
- RHS Practical Horticulture
After completing the RHS Level 2 Diploma you can further complete your RHS Practical Horticulture Skills Level 3.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.