This is a practical based qualification that is specifically aimed at providing a solid foundation for the many aspects of horticulture.
- Safe and effective working practices in land-based industries
- Team work and working alone in land-based industries
- Identify plants
- Propagation of plants
- Establishment of Plants
- Maintenance of Plants
- Establishment and maintenance of Turf
- Literacy and Numeracy development
|Entry Requirements:|| |
2 X E or F at GCSE or Equivalent
Mature students will be assessed for suitability on an individual basis at interview.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Full-time, 3 days per week + 1 day work experience
This is a 1 year course starting in September.
Our horticulture facilities at Plumpton are pretty impressive. In fact you’ll get to experience one of the finest natural locations in the country, perfect for developing your creativity. Whether indoors or outdoors, you’ll be able to build your skills in an excellent environment.
- Discover our extensively planted areas on-site at Plumpton
As you build your knowledge, you’ll be able to gain a wide experience of being able to identify and maintain different plants.
- Experience our endangered plant collections at first hand
You’ll be able to experience our Black Poplars and National collection of Hebes, in addition to our endangered plant network connection with Kew Gardens.
- Grow plants all year round here
We’ve got an excellent large area under glass where you’ll be able to grow plants without the risk of the weather, up to a commercial level.
- Build even more skills at Plumpton
You’ll be able to develop your brickwork skills and paving at our large landscaping centre.
This course could lead you on to:
- Level 2 Diploma Horticulture
- Level 2 Diploma Practical Horticulture Skills (Hard Landscaping)
- Level 1 Traineeships
- Level 2 apprenticeships
- Gardening assistant
- Nursery assistant
- Garden centre assistant
- Turf care assistant
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Horticulture.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.