BTEC Level 1 Introductory Award in Land Based Studies
An ideal introduction for those hoping to work with horses. You will increase your knowledge and understanding of the care of horses with academic study and practical activities. Practical skills include health and safety, feeding and watering horses, maintaining clean stables and yard and tacking up horses. Emphasis is placed on the development of key employability skills.
- Personal Development Planning
- Handling of horses and accommodation
- Horse health
- Portfolio building
- Working horses from the ground
Please note this course does not include riding,
Electively Home Educated
|Dates & Location:||
1 day per week
- Students usually come into college at age 14 and are on a two year programme. On successful completion of this they are then in a position to apply for a place on the 16+ full time study programmes. Towards the end of the second year this is discussed with students as part of the progression tutorials.
- On applying for a 16+ course students will be required to attend an interview for the course and will be processed as a new applicant.
- Once students are a 16+ programme they are also in a position to apply for bursaries to support learning, travel etc.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Horse Care.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.