This 10 week course covers the BBKA Module One Syllabus- Honey Bee Management. As well as a useful guide for those interested in taking the optional BBKA Module One examination, this course is ideal for those beekeepers who are keen to improve their beekeeping knowledge without necessarily having to take the exam.
- Starting our as a bee keeper;
- Bee hives and frames used by bee keepers in the UK;
- Setting up an apiary and apiary hygiene;
- The bee keeping year and the day-to-day involvement of the bee keeper including feeding and seasonal management;
- Swarming and Swarm control
- Moving colonies
- Bee stings
Bee keepers who have already passed the BBKA Basic Assessment can take the Module One exam in March or November annually by arrangement with their local bee keeping group. Full guidance will be given on the course which has been written by our experienced Beekeeping tutor who holds the BBKA Intermediate Certificate.
Course Code: COP001
|Entry Requirements:|| |
Students should of ideally passed BBKA Basic Assessment but not essential. But in order to take the BBKA Module One assessment students must have passed the BBKA Basic Assessment.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Time: 18.30- 21.30
1 day per week for 10 Weeks.
Exam (Optional): £25.00
- With over 800 hectares at your disposal, we’ve got excellent facilities for you to develop your knowledge and practical skills.
- On our College estate alone, you’ve got ancient semi-natural woodlands, chalk downland, our commercial farm, plus a network of small streams.
- You’ll also enjoy time at our dedicated wood workshops which are fully equipped with the latest technology and equipment.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Honey Bee Management- Module One.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.