One day course
Ideal for anyone who is interested in learning how to lay hedges.
Includes practical hedge laying in the South of England style covering tools, clearing, pleaching, stakes and binders
- Introduction to hedgelaying – history, styles, tools
- Practical work clearing, pleaching and laying.
- Continue practical work laying, staking and binding
Course reference: COP024
|Entry Requirements:|| |
There are no entry requirements for this course.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Plumpton College at Flimwell Woodland Enterprise Centre.
This course runs on a Saturday 09.30-16.30.
- With over 800 hectares at your disposal, we’ve got excellent facilities for you to develop your knowledge and practical skills.
- On our College estate alone, you’ve got ancient semi-natural woodlands, chalk downland, our commercial farm, plus a network of small streams.
- You’ll also enjoy time at our dedicated wood workshops which are fully equipped with the latest technology and equipment.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Hedge Laying.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Beehive & Frame Assembly Day One day course
- Beekeeping Basic and Improvers Course BBKA
- Beekeeping Taster Day One day course
- Charcoal Making One day course
- Honey Bee Management- Module One BBKA
- Introduction to Green Woodworking One day course
- Shingle Making - Wooden Roofing One day course
- Stock Fencing One day course
- Trug Making Plumpton College Certificate
- Wildlife of Sussex Evening course
- Willow Structures One day course